Crickets are not moving high enough to be eaten.....

DDHackett

I feed my veiled his crickets, they go straight into the coconut husk moss, and burrow. I'm afraid my veiled isn't eating. The only way I can get him to eat them is when I am lucky enough to get them on a vine and they crawl closer to him. Any tips????

Start trying to cup feed him. Put just 3 or 4 in a cup where he can get to it easy. Then after that give him a few more and he will learn to eat from a cup.

I would leave the bottom bare, or only use paper towels. If he tries to eat one off the bottom and picks up some substrate and eats it, he could become impacted. Impaction can become fatal.

I'll clean it out tomorrow and replace with paper towels and see how he/she does. Not sure if male or female....

She shys away from the cup. She is scared....any other tips? Tried putting them on my hand and in a cup. She tries to hide.

Maybe it's your hand she is afraid of. I leave the cup in the line of sight of mine and temptation normally wins the day. U should try to vary the diet a bit with some silkworms, locusts etc. waxworms while not being very healthy can be good to break a hunger strike and should be fed very sparingly. I used them to train mine to feed from my hand. He goes wild for them. I also use a piece of AstroTurf as substrate. It's very easy to clean in the shower and provides a softer landing should your Cham accidentally fall. I hope that helps u. :)

Since I made my cages (no doors til payday) I have no choice but to put the feeders in a feeder cup. My male is still like "hmm do I really have to", my female is all over her cup waiting for me to put them in the cup. Dont the cup and just hang it or put it where he/she can get easy access to it.

I have a clear plastic cup I put in there and I just put the crickets in it. When I close the door and walk away she moves straight to it and eats them up. This will work until she gets used to me more. I've only had her a week.

Back
Top Bottom