Criks and Dubias together?

jampen

Happy Halloween all? Hope everyone enjoyed a safe and happy holiday.

One quick question.

Can Criks and Dubias be kept together in the same bin?

I have no idea, but I have kept little containers with my baby crickets in my dubia tank because of the warmth. A few escaped and the dubias haven't really payed attention so far, but they're only 3 week old crickets...

All I can tell you is I have crickets escaped and live happily in in my roach tank. Mine are in different tanks so I can feed which ever I want on that day. If they are mixed I would get both every day.

Cleaning would be harder cause you gotta dig through the frass to find dead crickets, but the care is generally the same except dubias like it hotter and need more moisture.

Thx.

Right now Mel only eats criks. If I can get him started on Dubias then I will ween him off criks completely.

During the change I'll need to keep both available and it will be easier just to keep them together.

No

Different needs and the crickets are also more carnivorous and will eat freshly molted nymphs and they do not tolerate humidity. There is no legitimate reason to keep the two species together. Dont be lazy.:(

Back
Top Bottom