Digging, Help

for some reason this didnt load the first time. but thats how big she is

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 203
Like others, shes only 4-6 weeks. So shes not laying eggs. Maybe shes just a digger. I would remove the dirt. If she misses she will get a mouth full, and that could cause impaction. Keep the floor bare, and if you have potted plants, fill the top 1" with large rocks.

Like others, shes only 4-6 weeks. So shes not laying eggs. Maybe shes just a digger. I would remove the dirt. If she misses she will get a mouth full, and that could cause impaction. Keep the floor bare, and if you have potted plants, fill the top 1" with large rocks.

I agree, your pet store advise is wrong, that is a baby veiled cham, just a few weeks old.
IMO, selling chams that age is irresponsible.

Loose that substrate or she may well become very ill :(

Last edited:
well thats good to know, I thought she was younger than that. Ill get the dirt out. she dont eat the dirt just diggs. but i dont want anything to happen to her. I thought she was to small to be that old

Ahh, sometimes I think she thinks she is a person. she knows who mommy is and always wants to come out and sit with me. do they normaly pick a fav person. cause she loves me and trys to even blend to whaterver color im wearing. but she dont like my husband as much. sometimes shell even get mad and hiss at him. hehehe mommy girl lol:D

Normaly the fav is a certain size/color/facehair. She might just go for blue shirts, or hubby is huge compaired to her normal feeder. I know my beardy doesnt like me much during no shave november.

Just to make sure it isnt the basking temps, what are your temps? If the temperature is too warm they can try to dig to escape the heat.

Back
Top Bottom