Discoloration on leg of my Panther

Link

Avid Member
Hi just looking for some advice see if anyone else has had this. My panther chameleon I just noticed he has a Grey discoloration on his leg where his joint is. I don't know if it was a burn. Or it's the skin infection or something of that kind. I recently just got him back from one of my friends. Any advice would help. Thanks

Hi just looking for some advice see if anyone else has had this. My panther chameleon I just noticed he has a Grey discoloration on his leg where his joint is. I don't know if it was a burn. Or it's the skin infection or something of that kind. I recently just got him back from one of my friends. Any advice would help. Thanks

Can you post a picture of it?

Attachments

• 20160830_183353.jpg
    20160830_183353.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 130
I use Fluker complete Orange for gut load and another kind. Vitamins or 3 times a month with d3 without d3 the rest of the time mainly on crickets. I give roaches every 3 days and a hornworm once a day or silks when you can get them

You can't even get near the tank. Without him trying to bite you. It's probably one of the meanest ones I've ever had but he'll eat out of your hand

If u want to stay cheap you can just use some fruits and veggies from around the house!! I gut load my crx with kale, romaine lettuce, Broccoli and carrots. Occasionally grapes, strawberries and apples if I can find them :D

Starting to wonder if it's my lights for this guy. Seems to be getting a little bigger but I might just be paranoid.

Hey Link,
I've had luck using neosporin non pain relief only on a few of my Cham skin issues. It my be a fungal or bacterial issue? If this doesn't clear up soon go see a Vet before it gets out of control
Good luck
Dave

Definitely looks like a burn to me, especially since you say it's getting bigger.

Definitely looks like a burn to me, especially since you say it's getting bigger.
It kinda does but it's a strange spot for a burn and I would have expected some burn to be on his side too...
Also the skin doesn't seem to be damaged at all other than discoloration.

I would take him to a vet to have it checked out.

What do you use

As I have an Iguana as well, we always have a variety of leafy greens kicking around. Collards, swiss chard, arugula, bok choi etc... I basically set up a veggie garden at home this summer. Its sole purpose was for Iguana food and feeder gutload lol... I also like to have a piece of sweet potato or squash in there as well, they last a long time without molding and provide a good water source IMO. I seldom provide a dry gut load. I would like to find a simple recipe though. Without the dry component, the cricket waste just sticks to everything. When fed a dry diet as well the waste seems to be more like dry little balls.

Back
Top Bottom