Distilled water use?

PappaRONzi

I use distilled water in my adult Jackson's enclousre for his humidifier. I use distilled water becuase I have very hard water and even with a water softner tap water leaves white residue on the cage. I have never seen him drink this water, but he may, if he does is this bad for him?

I use distilled water in my adult Jackson's enclousre for his humidifier. I use distilled water becuase I have very hard water and even with a water softner tap water leaves white residue on the cage. I have never seen him drink this water, but he may, if he does is this bad for him?

If it becomes stagnant i believe it could be bad for them.

No it's safe. Distilled water is just missing any naturally occurring minerals or trace nutrients. You can also use reverse osmosis filtered or demineralized water safely.

I am buying it new from the store I am not collecting it. I wanted to make sure it was good clean water misting on my boy. I go threw 2 gallons maybe a week so I can afford to buy it. Thanks for the feedback.

I use the 5 gallon jugs of reverse osmosis that they sell. I use it for my humidifier, droppers, sprayers and even my chinese water dragon water. Only about $2 or so for refill

I use the 5 gallon jugs of reverse osmosis that they sell. I use it for my humidifier, droppers, sprayers and even my chinese water dragon water. Only about $2 or so for refill

That sounds even better. Which store do you get that from?

I get mine from Walmart. You have to buy the jug (don't know what they cost these days)... but after you buy it the refills are cheep. You just take you jug in and refill it at the machine. They are the big jugs like you put on cold water drinking machines. My husband thinks the jugs are apx $10 now for the first time. But like I said you just reuse the same jug and save your lid cap.

Cool, that will make things that much easier. Going to use my current stock of disstilled water and then go that direction.

Cool, that will make things that much easier. Going to use my current stock of disstilled water and then go that direction.

Yep saves on plastic trash too by using the same Jugs. Just make sure you don't throw that cap away.... they don't sell them separately and you don't want to buy another $10 jug for the cap!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom