DIY Chameleon guys YouTube

Do you have dragon strand cages?
No. I didn't know about Dragon Strand. Remember, I'm an accidental Cham Grandmother. 🤣 Reptibreeze, I have altered that cage so much that I should have built cages myself. On both cages -2 sides are plexiglass 1 side corrogated plastic. They sit on a 3 ft high - 2 shelf- metal shelf . I drilled holes in the middle of the plastic floor. Water drains into a 30 x 30 DuMor plastic rabbit cage tray which sits on the bottom shelf. I use my wet vac once a week to drain the water from the drainage tray. Everything is dry by 8am. It took me 6 months to get my enclosure fully functional. I even added a plant on the cage floor, in the middle creating a slight funnel which makes the water gravitate towards the middle to drain. Poop clean up is 1 paper towel with a dab of Dawn dish detergent. It takes less than 1 minute to scoop that poop.🤣

@Beaman I'm waiting for a DIY hornworm/silkworm poop cleaner. I don't know which one poops more. In order for my silkworms to live the entire month, I transfer them to a clean container with fresh chow once a week. Yup, one by one I transfer them to a clean container, weekly. Now that's what I call a chore!

No. I didn't know about Dragon Strand. Remember, I'm an accidental Cham Grandmother. 🤣 Reptibreeze, I have altered that cage so much that I should have built cages myself. On both cages -2 sides are plexiglass 1 side corrogated plastic. They sit on a 3 ft high - 2 shelf- metal shelf . I drilled holes in the middle of the plastic floor. Water drains into a 30 x 30 DuMor plastic rabbit cage tray which sits on the bottom shelf. I use my wet vac once a week to drain the water from the drainage tray. Everything is dry by 8am. It took me 6 months to get my enclosure fully functional. I even added a plant on the cage floor, in the middle creating a slight funnel which makes the water gravitate towards the middle to drain. Poop clean up is 1 paper towel with a dab of Dawn dish detergent. It takes less than 1 minute to scoop that poop.🤣
LOL Ok I was just checking cause you mentioned wet vac... I have the DS cage and drainage tray. The only thing that saved me was lifting the back half of the cage using a 1/2 inch square wood dowel all the way across the back of the cage under the tray. THis way it flows to the front. Otherwise I was going crazy trying to get all the water out with it level. lol So I was gonna recommend that but clearly it does not apply to your situation. :hilarious:
@Beaman I'm waiting for a DIY hornworm/silkworm poop cleaner. I don't know which one poops more. In order for my silkworms to live the entire month, I transfer them to a clean container with fresh chow once a week. Yup, one by one I transfer them to a clean container, weekly. Now that's what I call a chore!
I always clean mine weekly. only way to keep them from being absolutely nasty. So yeah I feel ya lol

@crosscutts check it out!
Screenshot_20240625_234633_Govee Home.jpg

Mine kicks on at 11 o’clock and turns off at 4 AM you can see the difference between the two nights and they get a 10 min so in the afternoon, that’s the one big spike you see before the two high spikes
I'm really grateful for this fogger. The 3 foggers i purchased never got Bolt's humidity past 82%. I have a veiled cham - Carmelo and a panther- Bolt. Bolt needed this boost in humidity. Carmelo doesn't need as much humidity so I capped off half of the output opening. Both can get the amount of humidity needed.

Back
Top Bottom