Does she look gravid???

Kushcham

Established Member
Over the past couple days she has developed these blue stripes and patches or yellow. Not sure if this means shes gravid or not. Shes only about 6 months old. Ive felt around for eggs but cant feel any.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346440515526.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346440515526.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 88
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346440526582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346440526582.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346440639433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346440639433.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 109
i do see some light blue dots on her, could be the begining stages, here is what mine looks like when she is full blown gravid, yours definitely doesnt look fat enouph yet to be carring many if any eggs, mine gets a huge belly

4906_1140488202937_524710_n.jpg

This is her before I picked her up. Sometimes her back end looks really plump. I have a lay bin at the bottom of cage but concerned that since she very rarely goes towards the bottom, she wont use the bin if she needs to. Maybe im just being a little paranoid

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346441061558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346441061558.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 100
Getting yellow and blue spots means she has reached sexual maturity. The blue spots often indicate the female being receptive. Now is the time to cut back her food intake and keep temps low to prevent or reduce egg laying (to help prolong her life.)

Yeah I have already cut her diet down and lowered temps about a month ago. Will she keep these colors because I like them lol

trust me she will find a place to lay if you provide it, sometimes it may take her a bit to find it but she will just find it, make sure and put vines and stuff going to the lay bucket, and once she uses it once next time she will go right to it the first time, at least thats how mine worked... when shes ready she will go straight to the bottom of the enclosure and dig even if there isnt anyhting there, make sure its clean down there...

IMO depth is everything, not surface area, just a heads up, i use a 5 gallon bucket filled to the brim and she still digs till she cant anymore and lays on the very bottom, its cool when you see them cover it all up mine makes the hole surface on the top of my bucket 100% level, never seen such precision, haha... its cool

best way for me to tell mine is gravid as mine doesnt turn black at all, is she will run circles around inside her cage over and over and over all day long for a few days maybe longer, she gets insanely active looking for a mate...

Back
Top Bottom