Does stand still water make you chameleon poop in it ?

No more than washing your car makes pigeons poop on it, but that is how it seems to work out in the end.

What are you using standing water for with your chameleon? A standing pool of water is not an effective cure for constipation if that is what you are wondering.
Bill

I find that my veiled will choose one spot and poop in it for a few days and then pick another spot. I really do believe that they pick the location. Sometimes Mr.Pink will poop on a certain plant in the cage, and sometimes he'll aim for the drainage pan.

No I am not but if Stand still water made them want to poop in it I was going to engineer a small chameleon toilet

I have a dish that catches the days worth of run off of the dripper in each chams cage. My female veiled almost always will do her daily deed in it. Then I also have a jackson male that will drink out of his catch bowl.
I would say that it will always depend on the Cham.

No I am not but if Stand still water made them want to poop in it I was going to engineer a small chameleon toilet

Im at work reading chameleon info and came accross this thread. I read it and didnt think much about the question just reading the comments and then boom i see this reply and not only did it put a smile on my face at 7:30 am I actually started to think how awesome it would be to no have to pick poop out of the plant and cage anymore.

Im at work reading chameleon info and came accross this thread. I read it and didnt think much about the question just reading the comments and then boom i see this reply and not only did it put a smile on my face at 7:30 am I actually started to think how awesome it would be to no have to pick poop out of the plant and cage anymore.

It really would be nice !!! Hahahha

Most reptiles (not only chameleons) will poop in water. Something about water triggers them to go. It's a really simple way to housetrain an iguana or keep a bearded dragon regular.

Back
Top Bottom