Does this keep it humid enough? +?

AdamBrown

Hello everyone,

I just bought a big screened cage for my veiled, he's getting big! I was wondering about humidity. I have a humidifier that goes on full blast every 15 minutes every hour, throughout the day. When I had a glass tank, you could see the mist in the tank, well now you can't see it. Does it all just escape through the bars? How do you keep a screened tank humid enough? I spray it down before I leave for work in the morning and when I come home and then usually the rest of the night.

On a another note. I had to buy some live plants yesterday. One of them is dying because I do not believe it gets enough sunlight. Does anyone know the type or name of the light I should get to grow plants indoors?

Thank you!

-Adam

First thing we need to know, is what size enclosure , how long the spray is active, and if you have substrate / plants in the enclosure.

Live plants will certainly boost the humidity!

i have 9 live plants in my room and upon walking into the room, without any misting the humidity level is at 60% constantly! Thats incredible in my book because i have a very drafty room.

Plants plants plants is certainly what i have to say

Honestly every 15 min is too often in my opinion. Others can correct me if i'm wrong but i can see that ending problematically.

AHHH MOD HELP! somehow this got double posted while editing !!! can you delete this copy!?! Thanks

First thing we need to know, is what size enclosure , how long the spray is active, and if you have substrate / plants in the enclosure.

i have 9 live plants in my room and upon walking into the room, without any misting the humidity level is at 60% constantly! Thats incredible in my book because i have a very drafty room.

Honestly every 15 min is too often in my opinion. Others can correct me if i'm wrong but i can see that ending problematically.

As far as plants go, i'm planning on using twin 48" Uva/Uvb Light strips, as well as natural sunlight which comes in from a window. Also, if need be, i plan on purchasing a Grow bulb from the local agway store. They run about 80 dollars.

As far as plants go, i'm planning on using twin 48" Uva/Uvb Light strips, as well as natural sunlight which comes in from a window. Also, if need be, i plan on purchasing a Grow bulb from the local agway store. They run about 80 dollars.

I have 2 UVA bulbs, a UVB bulb, and a tropical 25 UVB/T8 flourescent bulb. Just seems like the plant I bough yesterday is dying.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a big screened cage for my veiled, he's getting big! I was wondering about humidity. I have a humidifier that goes on full blast every 15 minutes every hour, throughout the day. When I had a glass tank, you could see the mist in the tank, well now you can't see it. Does it all just escape through the bars? How do you keep a screened tank humid enough? I spray it down before I leave for work in the morning and when I come home and then usually the rest of the night.

On a another note. I had to buy some live plants yesterday. One of them is dying because I do not believe it gets enough sunlight. Does anyone know the type or name of the light I should get to grow plants indoors?

Thank you!

-Adam

Hi Adam,
Is the humidifier a cool-mist/fogger type?
You really need to mist during the day as well.

Just keep in mind that a screen enclosure gives much more airflow than a glass terrarium.
If you pack enough live plants in the enclosure, humidity can be kept quite high, without a fogger.
I recomend pothos.
All sorts of bulbs can be purchased for plant growth. You can find them almost anywhere that sells light bulbs.;)

Hi Adam,
Is the humidifier a cool-mist/fogger type?
You really need to mist during the day as well.

Just keep in mind that a screen enclosure gives much more airflow than a glass terrarium.
If you pack enough live plants in the enclosure, humidity can be kept quite high, without a fogger.
I recomend pothos.
All sorts of bulbs can be purchased for plant growth. You can find them almost anywhere that sells light bulbs.;)

His enclosure is packed to the brim with live plants. That's enough humidity, right?

Well I think the more plants the better;)
You will have to set it all up and measure it to find out how hard its going to be to keep it at appropriate levels.

I have used pothos, ficus, and umbrella plant(Schefflera arboricola) I really like the Umbrella plant. Its cupped like leaves hold water really well for the chams to drink off. The ficus are also nice to make a lot of cover for them. Pothos.. Well you can drape them around things to make real vines, but honestly.. I usually just put one of them on the bottom of the cage to help humidity is all.

Back
Top Bottom