Does this Veiled look healthy?

chameleongurl

I am trying to find the best Cham to purchase, and I saw this one at my local Pet Supplies Plus. He/she seems to be kept in a nice enclosure, nicer than Petco. I'm also wondering if you can tell if it is a boy or girl from the pics?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 228
To tell the gender we would need a picture of the back of the rear feet to see if there was a bump (spur) or not.

Hard to say in this picture. You cannot see any details.
Is he eating, drinking? What does the poop look like? Are the eyes sunken?

I'd recommend NOT buying from a pet store. You'll be much happier buying from a breeder and the cham will more than likely be in better health. The cham pictured above seems a little dehydrated but it could also be from stress. Plus if you support the chain pet stores, you're just making room for them to order another chameleon that will more than likely be in sub-par conditions, thus continuing the sad cycle.

I'd recommend NOT buying from a pet store. You'll be much happier buying from a breeder and the cham will more than likely be in better health. The cham pictured above seems a little dehydrated but it could also be from stress. Plus if you support the chain pet stores, you're just making room for them to order another chameleon that will more than likely be in sub-par conditions, thus continuing the sad cycle.
This one was actually in a nice habitat.

Back
Top Bottom