Dogs are killing us all

Yeah, these ones:

bear-attack_468x286.jpg

Such loveable little fuzzballs.

Hell not only am I a big problem to the world but I guess i am dead(thanks Syn- you know I am older than dirt :) ) I also have 2 dogs, 17 reptiles, 1 husband and I drive a big SUV - just shoot me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wait can I have Christmas first???????

All places like China & India want is for us to fork over the big bucks to clean up for them. imho

Oh you aren't old Laurie, don't tell yourself that! You are young at heart and that's what matters.. As long as you say you are 20 you'll be fine. ;)

I think we just need to fine people when they release gas in public. LOL

Regarding India and China's consumption of raw materials and energy; they are utilizing these resources to send finished products back to us. So, we are, indirectly responsible for that resource usage, whether its consumed here or there, if we ultimately buy those finished goods.

Back in the day , all those energy intensive , resource hungry industries were , right here in out own back yards, but with freer trade and lifted tariffs, those jobs went abroad to the third world, chasing lower wages.

Funny how we take credit for cleaner air and water , when we buy tires for our cars that were manufactured somewhere else. Buffalo and Pittsburgh have cleaner air now since the big iron ore smelters are gone. But , they aren't gone. They are in Asia now. Also why the coal mines of Appalachia are shut down. Don't need the coal for industries that have left the continent.

North America has changed from an industrialized based society to one of hairdressers , tanning salons and accountants.

Anyone remember Bopal???

Post-industrial countries will always buy goods and use labor from developing industrial countries. Post-industrial Europe used to buy from our country until we became a Post-industrial country as well. We will all buy from China and India until they become Post-industrial. Until man decides that it wants to go back to living in caves this will continue. There will always be humans who want more than they are capable of producing themselves for their own use. The populations of China and India are now getting hooked on consuming some of the stuff they produce and find that it's fun to own things. They are ultimately responsible for what they do to the environment to continue getting these "things".

But don't worry....our country is headed for a major economic downturn in the near future. Our enormous debt, future debt obligations for social programs and the printing of 120% of our previous money supply in new money this year is going to have some very nasty consequences for decades to come. The average American has no idea what this massive printing of money means. Especially when it's coupled with enormous debt and continued spending. The consequences will start hitting us next year. The standard of living for every American will be heading downwards for the rest of my particular lifetime. This means our consumption will decrease and our environmental footprint will become smaller.

You will have the pleasure of watching our country choose big government, big social programs, tight environmental and business restrictions at the expense of economic prosperity and high employment. We won't be buying as many goods from China and India because we will be living with high unemployment, high inflation and high interest rates. We won't need wood to build new houses because the sky high mortgage rates will mean more forclosures and fewer people owning homes. High inflation means we won't be buying tech toys and cars from other countries. People won't be able to afford a new iPhone let alone pay for the monthly service charge for it. It will be a struggle to fill a gas tank and thoughts of new cars will be forgotten.

This means all the countries we buy materials, goods and oil from will be taking a step down in standard of living and creating a smaller environmental footprint along with us. And the people who will suffer the most are the poorest third world countries. Who will give them money and food? Who will help them recover after natural disasters? Our consumption-fueled economic prosperity provided money for aid to the rest of the world. It saved millions from death and starvation. That aid will dry up as our prosperity does in coming years. Watching those countries reduce their environmental footprint to what is sustainable for their population and resources is not going to be a pretty picture. We are very lucky in comparison.

On a lighter note :)

On a lighter note.....cats must be on the list of green house gas emitters. Cats do pass gas. Our youngest one likes to do it quietly while sitting on my lap. She looks so innocent when she does it too. So innocent that I always assume my husband did it first :p

Back
Top Bottom