Dragon Strand Ledges

I think its meant to be installed before the enclosure is put together. But I'm sure you can do it after, it just seems like it would be more difficult.

Are the ledges easy to install when the cage is already assembled?
I am finding it hard to screw into the aluminum frame….
Do you have access to a drill? You can drill pilot holes first. I just installed mine but did it while putting together my ReptiBreeze. It really helps to tape the ledges in place first. I'm a bit of a dork and made a YouTube video of me putting it together, if you want to check it out. You can fast forward to the installation of the ledges. If you're interested, my channel is DIY Maggie.

I think its meant to be installed before the enclosure is put together. But I'm sure you can do it after, it just seems like it would be more difficult.
It is a nightmare with the cage already assembled.
Do you have access to a drill? You can drill pilot holes first. I just installed mine but did it while putting together my ReptiBreeze. It really helps to tape the ledges in place first. I'm a bit of a dork and made a YouTube video of me putting it together, if you want to check it out. You can fast forward to the installation of the ledges. If you're interested, my channel is DIY Maggie.
I do have a drill, I tried to drill a hole. It seems not as easy neither! LOL
I’m going to check out your videos.

It is a nightmare with the cage already assembled.

I do have a drill, I tried to drill a hole. It seems not as easy neither! LOL
I’m going to check out your videos.
I hope it helps. My drill didn't go through easily, either. Just using the pointy screw with force worked best. The drill did help mark the spot, though.

I hope it helps. My drill didn't go through easily, either. Just using the pointy screw with force worked best. The drill did help mark the spot, though.
I actually was watching your video earlier. I went to rewatch everything. I might just have to take down the cage and assembled it again. 😵‍💫

I actually was watching your video earlier. I went to rewatch everything. I might just have to take down the cage and assembled it again. 😵‍💫
Oh, man! That would be a lot of work. It'll be worth it, though. I love the ledges! I'm so happy with the way the enclosure came out!

Yes, but I’m might just try to see if I can just take one panel off at the time. Cause’ I’m going to be loss at assembling back the cage if I just undo everything. :ROFLMAO:
You can attach the braces with an assembled cage by just using masking tape to hold them in place. You can use a knife to cut out the mounting hole locations in the tape. Then use a drill to drill pilot holes which are holes half the diameter of the screws going in. Then screw the screws in halfway, remove the tape and screw the screws all the way in. The only real challenge in putting Dragon Ledges on an assembled cage is the one in back. That is a two person job because it is hard to screw the screw from the outside while holding the ledge piece on in the inside.

I have one side setup. I would definitely recommend to have that tool to let you know if things are leveled. And instal the ledges upon building your cage. My top ledge is not aligned straight. LOL
But the bottom layer ledge is aligned straight. All done free style.

IMG_8746.jpeg
IMG_8745.jpeg

My Ficus tree and Star Jasmine are losing their leaves. Kinda concerns me. I just bought a new Pothos for the cage. Now I have to install the tree pouch and the cage stand before reporting the main plants. Still need to buy more plants. Get the rest up installed with extra light fixture for uvb and extra LED lighting.

But all five ledges are installed. Upper ledge by the door is not leveled correctly. All others including the back are actually leveled. Bottom ledge facing the door is leveled and was free styled like the one above that not leveled. 😅

The plants dropping their leaves is probably a combination of lighting and watering requirements. You may want to experiment to figure out what is best for your plants. I have had similar problems with keeping new plants indoors.

Fertilizer is a consideration.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

The plants dropping their leaves is probably a combination of lighting and watering requirements. You may want to experiment to figure out what is best for your plants. I have had similar problems with keeping new plants indoors.

Fertilizer is a consideration.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Perhaps

Yes, but I’m might just try to see if I can just take one panel off at the time. Cause’ I’m going to be loss at assembling back the cage if I just undo everything. :ROFLMAO:
They go back together pretty easy actually - if you know where the door/latches/hinges will be when it’s reassembled it’s nbd. But if youre just adding dragon ledges yeah one side at a time would be fine, it takes time to install, at least it did for me being super careful to not punch the long screw too far through the cage frame 😂

They go back together pretty easy actually - if you know where the door/latches/hinges will be when it’s reassembled it’s nbd. But if youre just adding dragon ledges yeah one side at a time would be fine, it takes time to install, at least it did for me being super careful to not punch the long screw too far through the cage frame 😂
You should read how my complaint of assembling the cage. It took more than 8 tries to do it. I threw away the zoo med paper instructions. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 357402View attachment 357403
My Ficus tree and Star Jasmine are losing their leaves. Kinda concerns me. I just bought a new Pothos for the cage. Now I have to install the tree pouch and the cage stand before reporting the main plants. Still need to buy more plants. Get the rest up installed with extra light fixture for uvb and extra LED lighting.

But all five ledges are installed. Upper ledge by the door is not leveled correctly. All others including the back are actually leveled. Bottom ledge facing the door is leveled and was free styled like the one above that not leveled. 😅
You'll want to keep the ficus soil consistently damp, but NOT soaked. The Star Jasmine, water when the top couple of inches of soil is dry. Ficus tend to drop leaves easily, especially when they're moved. I agree with Jeremy that you may need to fertilize. I use the Fox Farms Big Bloom every two weeks in the summer. It's organic. Make sure not to get it on the leaves, as it can burn them. Water it in after with some plain water, so the fertilizer isn't on top of the soil where it could hurt your cham.

You'll want to keep the ficus soil consistently damp, but NOT soaked. The Star Jasmine, water when the top couple of inches of soil is dry. Ficus tend to drop leaves easily, especially when they're moved. I agree with Jeremy that you may need to fertilize. I use the Fox Farms Big Bloom every two weeks in the summer. It's organic. Make sure not to get it on the leaves, as it can burn them. Water it in after with some plain water, so the fertilizer isn't on top of the soil where it could hurt your cham.
Thanks for the input. :)

Back
Top Bottom