Dripper vs. Homemade Mister

KTown333

I am getting my set up ready for two cages for some panthers and I am still torn between buying 2 big dippers or possibly making the homemade 'drizzle'/mister with a pond pump and stuff from home depot for like $30. I am pretty savy and I dont imagine it would be hard for me to construct. Any suggestions on what I should get or do? I feel like I am leaning for the home made rain maker because it will be more self sufficient. Any opinion would be great. Thank you guys!

Since I am tickled with myself for putting cages together I bought a mister! But lots of members have a diy with great success and little out of pocket
Enjoy the project and go out to dinner with the savings!

Yeah I wanted to do that too but I'm not sure on the gallons per minutes or gallons per hour on the pump to create a mist I know you kinda need a high or stronger pressure pump

Yeah I wanted to do that too but I'm not sure on the gallons per minutes or gallons per hour on the pump to create a mist I know you kinda need a high or stronger pressure pump

Yea i heard it is not a fine mist but kinda like droplets which is perfect. The fine spray mist is not a must I wouldnt think. Droplets would work great. I think I am going to make the auto dripper. 10 more bucks and it will be a lot easier

Sean, is that system manual or automatic?

And Ktown, check out dripdepot.com. They have all kinds of nozzles and parts that will work with low pressure systems. I am using the adjustable "vortex" nozzle they sell but you might want to try one of their low pressure or adjustable misters and see if you can get something to work with a pond pump system. Great prices too! Each nozzle cost less that $1 but they make you buy in orders of at least 5. And also, drip systems and misting systems are not interchangeable. A dripper is used to offer water to your chameleon all day between misting, not in place of it. If you regularly run an automatic mister, you might not need a dripper. But, if you only run a dripper, you still need misting throughout the day whether it be by hand or automated.

Back
Top Bottom