dubia breeding

playa0069u

does this seem like a solid startup package for dubias?
Starter Colony #2

8 egg flats
1 lbs roach chow
2 oz water crystals
5 Adult Female
5 Adult Males
1.25-1.5" (XXL) 75g (average count 60)
3/4" (M) 25g (average count 74)
3/8" (XS) 8g (average count 114)

$50.0 shipped
(http://www.dubideli.com/Store.html)
seemed like a hell of a deal to me

I don't know where you live... But I paid $25 for my colony from ga crickets (they don't advertise their colonies on the website but I'm sure you could call and ask) and the ratio of females is usually higher to males. I think I got over 25 roaches, with having more females than males, and they were ready to breed. I've had the box for maybe a month now and already have babies.

A lot of folks on here made their own colony box, which will also save you money! I bought mine because of my work and school schedule.

I got my starter colony from one of our sponsors ABDragons. They had a great deal too. I started out with 20 females and I think a 15 count of mixed adults. They have taken off. I don't run out of babies now.

I had to replenish when I first started. I didn't realize how much my little ones would love them. A few as juveniles didn't want anything to do with dubia so I almost gave up. Lol

Super easy to breed!!

i think i only need like 10 females and two males. right? i only have one cham. I have some friends i can definitely come off of roaches too. (snakes chams tarantulas) but i really dont wanna have thousands with nothing to do with them

i suppose i can sell them to the local stores since no one has them around here

Get your colony breeding first, once you have, then you can sell locally to people or to members on here.

You want it thriving first before you sell any adults or babies off.

The more adults you have, the faster it will grow.

Nobody sells them there because dubia are illegal in FL. You can get seriously busted for buying them/breeding them/selling them.

Get discoidalis instead. They are also very easy, plus they are more active for your chameleons' attraction. And they are legal.

And get started with at least a couple dozen- larger groups do better to start with than smaller ones.

I started with 30 female and 10 male and wish that I had started with more. It has been 3 months and I can barely keep my 5 month old panther fed with it. I am going to order more and start a MUCH larger colony soon. I have 3 chams and a bearded dragon to feed. I go through about 100 medium dubia (which I had to order seperately) on each day that I feed my adult lizards. I don't want to order them all the time, so a bigger colony is a MUST for me.

Back
Top Bottom