Dubia Colony

jmunger

Just started my dubia colony today. I ordered from Dubia Diner very pleased with there services. will been keeping updated with there progress any advice is appreciated

Try not to feed them off before your colony develops a strong breeding cycle, depending on what you ordered, it takes about 6-8 months before you have stable amount of roaches to feed. I started with 35 females and 6 males, now I’m in the thousands. I’ll only pick out the males to feed off when I’m low on crickets. You can see how I started by clicking on my Petrie Journal Page below.

Try not to feed them off before your colony develops a strong breeding cycle, depending on what you ordered, it takes about 6-8 months before you have stable amount of roaches to feed. I started with 35 females and 6 males, now I’m in the thousands. I’ll only pick out the males to feed off when I’m low on crickets. You can see how I started by clicking on my Petrie Journal Page below.

I only have the one cham and I got 25 females and 6 males I plan to get more reptiles but for now just starting a colony for my one cham then when my colony established my friends will buy some off me

Yeah I put I few orange sections in there every other day. I see everywhere to use protein should u use a protein based food then pull out "feeders" and gut load them two day with no protein or will the produce without the prtein base.

I do notice my colony becomes more active after feeding oranges. As for the protein, I'm sure it's safe to use every once in a while. I've read that excessive protein can cause health issues for the adult roaches and possibly lead to an early death.

I was talking about once a week maybe sprinkling fish food on their dry food which consist of dry baby cereal and oats. Gonna add alfalfa to it soon

Lol. I bought 3 males and eight females. And 100 medium nymphs. Probably going to go a lot slower than you guys

LOL Im to the point were if i see a female she is getting fed off. I only have 2 mouths to feed at about 10 adults roaches per week. I end up throwing away half the colony outside each year. I just have 1 30 gallon tote. Once the little buggers can fill out 3 of the 12x12 egg carton thingies i start removing all females and thinning the herd. You would be surprised how 50 breeding pair can turn into 20lbs in less than 1 year.

LOL Im to the point were if i see a female she is getting fed off. I only have 2 mouths to feed at about 10 adults roaches per week. I end up throwing away half the colony outside each year. I just have 1 30 gallon tote. Once the little buggers can fill out 3 of the 12x12 egg carton thingies i start removing all females and thinning the herd. You would be surprised how 50 breeding pair can turn into 20lbs in less than 1 year.[/QU
If I may ask what do u feed them how do u heat them ???

LOL Im to the point were if i see a female she is getting fed off. I only have 2 mouths to feed at about 10 adults roaches per week. I end up throwing away half the colony outside each year. I just have 1 30 gallon tote. Once the little buggers can fill out 3 of the 12x12 egg carton thingies i start removing all females and thinning the herd. You would be surprised how 50 breeding pair can turn into 20lbs in less than 1 year.

If I may ask what do u feed them how do u heat them ???

Search for my post "dubia crack". I also feed them any left over veg and peels from salads and smoothies.

I dont heat them. They stay in the closet in the "lizard room" that stays about 75f. Else i use a heating pad set on low that i know doesnt turn off, normally a sunbeam model.

Back
Top Bottom