dubia roaches

Chali2naRap

:mad: my jackson doesnt seem to be interested in his dubias, is this normal with this species or do some chams just not like them?

Not jack specific
Its true that some just dont care for them as much as others. I find this with my panthers - some love, others not so much.

I also find the manner in which they are offered matters. Some will eat dubia out of a bowl (I dont free-range roaches usually). Others will eat crickets from a bowl, but not roaches. Some will eat out of buckets - except if the bucket colour is white. For the ones that wont eat roaches from a bowl, they will sometimes eat one that I put on a branch. But then I have to stick around and watch to make sure they eat it, which is a pain in the arse. but i digress....

My little Monty has just discovered that he likes Dubia! He would never even try one before, but one day I offered him a woodlouse, which he relished, so I offered him a roach straight after and he snapped it up too! Now he prefers roaches to crickets. You can't win with these guys sometimes, lol! What they will devour one day they may well ignore the next!:rolleyes:

My little Monty has just discovered that he likes Dubia! He would never even try one before, but one day I offered him a woodlouse, which he relished, so I offered him a roach straight after and he snapped it up too! Now he prefers roaches to crickets. You can't win with these guys sometimes, lol! What they will devour one day they may well ignore the next!:rolleyes:

kinda like bait and switch - nice!

haha so i put maybe two roaches in his cage when i first got them but he didnt eat them and they ended up getting lost in his jungle. i knew they were still in there because their sheds would be on the bottom, well what'ya know, i get out of the shower today and i go over, and hes got a pretty decent sized roach half way down his throat, it took him a while to swallow it but im super proud of him. now im just worried hoping he doesnt switch to only roaches now because i leave today for a week and the person taking care of him is just going to give him crickets.... uh oh.....:eek:

Back
Top Bottom