Dubia's as a staple?

EvansP

I just started giving my 7 month old chameleon large 1" dubias. He seems to like them :D are they OK to give him as a new staple diet? They are so much better (Less freakin smelly) then crickets! Also should I dust them just the same? And how many\often should i feed them to him. Thanks!

I just started giving my 7 month old chameleon large 1" dubias. He seems to like them :D are they OK to give him as a new staple diet? They are so much better (Less freakin smelly) then crickets! Also should I dust them just the same? And how many\often should i feed them to him. Thanks!

Heck yeah!!!

Dubias are a great staple, mostly because you can gutload with just about anything. As to how many you feed, that depends. I think of one adult dubia to be around 7 large crickets.

Every living thing I keep eats Dubias . Thank god!! They eat 80% Dubias and I swap in a few other feeders for variety. Get a colony going and you won't have to buy another Dubia everrr! I have a colony feeding 4 Chams and 5 geckos for 7 months now and I haven't bought any since my first investment. $ well spent!

I'm looking in to starting a Dubia colony as well... How do you get a colony up and running??

As maxttu says...

Oranges, heat, darkness, done! :D

Get about 100 mixed size and gender. Keep them in about 85-95 degrees and 40% humidity (just to complete molts). They will breed like crazy--I guarantee within a month or two you will see considerable difference. They are extremely hardy, too--I never lost any when their food molded about a week ago. They establish much faster than most feeders; in about 2-3 months you could steadily be feeding them off. Any more questions I would be happy to answer! :D

As maxttu says...

Oranges, heat, darkness, done! :D

Get about 100 mixed size and gender. Keep them in about 85-95 degrees and 40% humidity (just to complete molts). They will breed like crazy--I guarantee within a month or two you will see considerable difference. They are extremely hardy, too--I never lost any when their food molded about a week ago. They establish much faster than most feeders; in about 2-3 months you could steadily be feeding them off. Any more questions I would be happy to answer! :D

Ha! I just caught what you meant! You were actually quoting me from a prior conversation! Lol! Thanks, my man! ;)

Ha! I just caught what you meant! You were actually quoting me from a prior conversation! Lol! Thanks, my man! ;)

Lol, now you are on the end of not noticing one of MY posts earlier in the thread... ;) Hey don't mention it, help a brutha' out ya know? :D

Back
Top Bottom