Egg or urine sac?

Markpr73

After weeks of being gravid, and several days of digging with no results, I found this in my cham’s lay bin. It’s very smooth and it’s oval in shape yet appears to have some urea attached. There was only one and our cham still looks like she’s full of eggs. Anybody?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 1C753654-C021-4586-A090-CB8779620124.jpeg
    1C753654-C021-4586-A090-CB8779620124.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 83
Actually, I washed it off under the tap and nothing stayed attached to the egg. Washed off very easily with no help from me.

We got her back from the vet after she got an oxytocin injection and a subcutaneous injection to hydrate her. She produced 12 eggs while there and since being home she’s left one on the top of the newly amended soil (I added topsoil and play sand and removed some of the calcium sand that had been in it before). She’s had a couple of fresh, fat, sassy Superworms and is crashed right now. She’s had a big day.

Well, we are playing a bit of a waiting game right now to see if she continues laying. If not, the vet will be in again on Monday and we can go from there. I DO agree with you on the amount of eggs left to be delivered. Not gonna freak just yet but keeping a very close eye on her.

Update: Yesterday (Saturday) she spent a marathon day of digging. We gave her tons of privacy and tried our best not to look in the cage. This morning we woke up to a much thinner cham and more eggs in the lay bin. Haven’t recovered the eggs or disturbed her except to give her some crickets. Gonna leave her be to see if she continues digging. I don’t think she’s expelled all of the clutch yet but I could be wrong. Step in the right direction though!

Back
Top Bottom