Everyone's favorite game! How many babies?!?

I will not step in guessing game but I breed thamnobates (right now I have 19 babies tomorrow will be 2 months old) and I can tell following:
Gravid female, especially in cold months, can easily look 2-3 months that she must explode in next seconds. Waiting is every time very long.
My suggesions:
1./ I hope she can warm well otherwise young will not develop enough.
2./ She tries give birth in rain (she preserves it for wildest storms). If it is outside and comes storm can give birth prematurely.
3.Youngs in dry conditions often have problem release from egg. Put some oak bark obligue, this is good surface, but if it just drops on smooth, horizontal bottom than can some (weaker) not to release out in dry conditions.

I will not step in guessing game but I breed thamnobates (right now I have 19 babies tomorrow will be 2 months old) and I can tell following:
Gravid female, especially in cold months, can easily look 2-3 months that she must explode in next seconds. Waiting is every time very long.
My suggesions:
2./ She tries give birth in rain (she preserves it for wildest storms). If it is outside and comes storm can give birth prematurely.
3.Youngs in dry conditions often have problem release from egg. Put some oak bark obligue, this is good surface, but if it just drops on smooth, horizontal bottom than can some (weaker) not to release out in dry conditions.

That is good information for people here. I do not have this type of chameleon, but thank you for helping the people who do have them.

My suggesions:

Yes, thank you for this. Finally, the first really good, useful insider tips we've heard for this or any species of Bradypodion.

Yes, thank you for this. Finally, the first really good, useful insider tips we've heard for this or any species of Bradypodion.

Huh? Not sure I understand that really... While it is good information to know, it certainly isn't the best information we have received.

Bifidus, thank you for that bit of info. At the moment they are sjust getting out of their over wintering period, and will be housed outside by the end of the week.

Huh? Not sure I understand that really... While it is good information to know, it certainly isn't the best information we have received.

Better than "temps are x, humidity x..." over and over. Whenever someone has asked if we can get more info on these species we get the same basic, basic couple points over and over, and anything else we want to know we have to dig and claw for. No one seems willing to give you the details. It's little details like these that are worth sharing, in my opinion.

It's like that last thread that Paul made with a caresheet from the breeder. I was like, great, basking temps and humidity. That's nice. Again. For the 13th time. I can get that with the use of Google. What about the good stuff?

In my opinion anyway.

Better than "temps are x, humidity x..." over and over. Whenever someone has asked if we can get more info on these species we get the same basic, basic couple points over and over, and anything else we want to know we have to dig and claw for. No one seems willing to give you the details. It's little details like these that are worth sharing, in my opinion.

It's like that last thread that Paul made with a caresheet from the breeder. I was like, great, basking temps and humidity. That's nice. Again. For the 13th time. I can get that with the use of Google. What about the good stuff?

In my opinion anyway.

Well, is it not those "basic couple points" you need to know about the species one is working with to even get to the point of worrying about a gravid female? Most everyone hasn't made it to that point, so really that information isn't valid for those.

If you dig deep and ask around enough, you'll get the details your looking for. I have been fortunate enough to get information from a breeder(Who supplied our breeder with some of his first bradypodion) in the UK who has bred bradypodion since Bert Langerwerf was. And still does with great success to this day.

Now back to the topic at hand!

We have(IN ORDER ;))

10 on the 26th....

New guess 17 on the 26

New guess 17 on the 26th xx

11 -1 for me...so 10...

...on the 2nd...
So is it 10? or 11? ;)
Ok, I'm going to try this again, so I'm going to go with 15 babies on the 15th of May (my birthday).

Im reguessing cuz i can.

8 on the may 17th

Nothing new as of lights out...

Last edited:
if we miss our orginal date guessed- do we get to play again :confused::p jif so.....I will guess 8 on the 14th of May :) ( I just like to play, but am NO good at it- lol I did not even guess my own, and she was right under my nose :p )

Back
Top Bottom