Exo Terra Flexarium - opinions?

Amanda1801

Hey

I'm looking at getting Colin a new vivarium ASAP, and at the moment am torn between a full screen one, or a custom made one with 2 solid sides and 2 screen sides for humidity reasons.

I have come across the exo terra flexariums and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them. Info here if anyone is interested...http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/rep...errariums-590/exo-terra-flexariums-13269.html

What I was wondering was if anyone has them - how do you rig up your lights etc.?

Any pros, cons? (apart from it being a fraction of the price of a custom one!)

Cheers,

Amanda

I personally don't like them. The screen is quite dark reducing visibility, they seem quite flimsy/weak and the zippers kinda suck. But they are inexpensive and come in a good range of sizes.

I have had a reptarium for years and had no issues with it. The only down side I see is putting lights on the top. They seem to sag a bit but it can be avoided if you are going to hang them or something like that. I'll post some pics of my set up for you to see later when I get home. I can't post any from my iPhone :(

I heard no good things about them. The plastic mesh doesn't stand spots, or at least nothing abouve 30 watt for longer periods.
And what's even worse, crickets in combination with natural sunlight destroy the mesh very fast too

Thanks for the replies :)

Looks like im forking out £300ish for a custom built one then! Unless anyone knows of any vivs suitable for chameleons with suppliers in the UK?

Amanda

I think mine is almost 3 years old now and I can honestly say that I have never had a feeder escape or put holes in the mesh. The cage seems to hold up very well and you can put the mesh in the washer. For being 3 years old and not having holes in it I would say is pretty good :)

I think mine is almost 3 years old now and I can honestly say that I have never had a feeder escape or put holes in the mesh. The cage seems to hold up very well and you can put the mesh in the washer. For being 3 years old and not having holes in it I would say is pretty good :)

Whats it like for opening and such - is the only zip the one that zips up around the frame or are there others for opening?

Thanks for the replies :)

Looks like im forking out £300ish for a custom built one then! Unless anyone knows of any vivs suitable for chameleons with suppliers in the UK?

Amanda

Have you looked at Reptibreeze screen cages just for chameleons,

There are a few places here in the Uk now to get them i have a few no issues. If not Terry Thatcher screen cages, they are custom made, he makes them for zoo'z etc.meant to be very very good but more than the reptibreeze cages, but i would have thought less than 300,

On the reptariums they all zip one side. The whole entire side will open right up from top to bottom if you want it to

Had flexariums and they are ok but as mentioned are flimsy and the zips kept breaking. Eventually bought mesh Vivs from LLL Reptiles in the US and it was not too expensive - nowhere near £300 even with shipping and bl**dy taxes (more like £100).

Perfecto also do a Chameleon cage that two sides glass (front and bottom) and mesh the remaining sides - but has a lid opening that is a pain. There also seem to be othe mesh vivs coming out now that are sold on ebay - but do not know what these are like?

Had flexariums and they are ok but as mentioned are flimsy and the zips kept breaking. Eventually bought mesh Vivs from LLL Reptiles in the US and it was not too expensive - nowhere near £300 even with shipping and bl**dy taxes (more like £100).

Perfecto also do a Chameleon cage that two sides glass (front and bottom) and mesh the remaining sides - but has a lid opening that is a pain. There also seem to be othe mesh vivs coming out now that are sold on ebay - but do not know what these are like?

Hey mate i brought one of your LLL Reptile cages. from you, this year sometime,:) they are very good cages,

Have you looked at Reptibreeze screen cages just for chameleons,

There are a few places here in the Uk now to get them i have a few no issues. If not Terry Thatcher screen cages, they are custom made, he makes them for zoo'z etc.meant to be very very good but more than the reptibreeze cages, but i would have thought less than 300,

I've looked at reptibreeze - initially i wanted something 5ft tall by 2ft by 2ft - the biggest reptibreeze one is 4ft tall - but I've since figured that my little guy will probably never grow to full size anyway, so maybe I've re-found my answer - thanks!

The zip on mine broke in 2 places before i even got my cham. They are flimsy and really not as good as they sound.

Back
Top Bottom