ExoTerra Monsoon mister??

Don't do it! You can browse these forums for numerous reviews and 90% are negative.

Most keepers have either a Mist King or Aqua Zamp. However, you really can't go wrong with a Mist King.

Soon, you'll have many replies confirming my recommendation. :D

Get a mistking or Aquazamp and be done with it. Do it right the first time. You'll be happy you did.

Does the MistKing come with the water reservoir and everything I'd need to operate it? From what I read, I think it does. Thanks!!

You'll need to get your own reservoir. Get a 5 gallon bucket at Lowes or Home Depot.

The MistKing starter kit comes with every thing else you will need. Follow the online instructions and you'll have it up and running very quickly.

I'm making a custom reservoir for my mistking :)

It's an aquarium so I can always see the water level but with a hole drill in its base for the mistking bulkhead plumbing fittings, the reservoir is setup above the mistking pump so its all continuous gravity fed.

Sorry for jumping in-- Own the Monsoon-- haven't had any issues. What makes the Mist King better at double the price?

Sorry for jumping in-- Own the Monsoon-- haven't had any issues. What makes the Mist King better at double the price?

It's not if you have problems it's when you have problems. Had a monsoon for 3 weeks before it filled the electronics with water, and the replacment lasted 2 months before it did the same thing. Have been running a mistking for about 5 years without a single problem. Monsoons are junk and for a few more dollars you can have peice of mind.

I will add my thoughts, I gave away 4 monsoons on the forum. I told everyone they are a short term solution, but for some that is all they could afford, nd free was good.
I have 2 mistkings and will use nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom