Eye Infection

Hello! I noticed my 3 year old Chams eye looked swollen/crusty on Saturday (2 days ago). I am trying to get a vet appointment with a reptile vet but until he’s seen is there anything I can do for him? Is flushing it with water a good idea? Increase/decrease humidity? Any suggestions would be helpful!
Note: his casque has been curved since he was a baby. This is not new.

Attachments

• IMG_6784.jpeg
    IMG_6784.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6788.jpeg
    IMG_6788.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6800.jpeg
    IMG_6800.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 5
Hello! I noticed my 3 year old Chams eye looked swollen/crusty on Saturday (2 days ago). I am trying to get a vet appointment with a reptile vet but until he’s seen is there anything I can do for him? Is flushing it with water a good idea? Increase/decrease humidity? Any suggestions would be helpful!
Note: his casque has been curved since he was a baby. This is not new.
When was the last time he could flush his eyes decently? Flushing or a good misting see session where he can flush his eyes can’t hurt and would be something I would always do.

Hi. You could definitely give him an extra long misting. If your night temps are below 68, try boosting his night humidity as high as possible. During the day, keep your humidity between 30-50% as poor guy doesn’t need a respiratory infection. What supplements are you using and what is the schedule for each one? Many vets will automatically give vitamin injections along with whatever other treatment. Depending on your supplements, he may not need them. Do you need help finding a good vet? @elizaann2 has a list of good vets.

Hi. You could definitely give him an extra long misting. If your night temps are below 68, try boosting his night humidity as high as possible. During the day, keep your humidity between 30-50% as poor guy doesn’t need a respiratory infection. What supplements are you using and what is the schedule for each one? Many vets will automatically give vitamin injections along with whatever other treatment. Depending on your supplements, he may not need them. Do you need help finding a good vet? @elizaann2 has a list of good vets.
Vet list attached :)

Attachments

• Chameleon Forums Vet List 2024 U.S.A..pdf
    157 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom