Fallen ill?:(

321comics

My poor boy has recently fallen ill I believe. The other day I got more crickets and they were a little bigger than usual. I thought it would be fine. I did both of his feedings for that day. A Dubia and three of the slightly larger crickets. Later that night he had thrown up all of his food, and had runny stool. I thought maybe they were too big. Today he seemed worse, his urate was orange, and feces looked undigested and had a little bit of blood in it. I gave him a lot of water, fed him some waxworms and tried seeing if he would touch crickets, (he wouldn't). When I got home from work, it seemed like he had a healthy stool and his eyes look less sunken. He is still very active and strong. I also noticed he had a bloody scratch on his leg, I removed the cause of that but am a little worried about infection. I did clean it off for him. Any advice for me? He is only about 5 months old, male. There is a reptile doctor near me, but idk if I can afford the bill right now. Thanks everyone in advance:(

My poor boy has recently fallen ill I believe. The other day I got more crickets and they were a little bigger than usual. I thought it would be fine. I did both of his feedings for that day. A Dubia and three of the slightly larger crickets. Later that night he had thrown up all of his food, and had runny stool. I thought maybe they were too big. Today he seemed worse, his urate was orange, and feces looked undigested and had a little bit of blood in it. I gave him a lot of water, fed him some waxworms and tried seeing if he would touch crickets, (he wouldn't). When I got home from work, it seemed like he had a healthy stool and his eyes look less sunken. He is still very active and strong. I also noticed he had a bloody scratch on his leg, I removed the cause of that but am a little worried about infection. I did clean it off for him. Any advice for me? He is only about 5 months old, male. There is a reptile doctor near me, but idk if I can afford the bill right now. Thanks everyone in advance:(

He desperately needs to go to a vet with a fresh stool sample. Is he a wild caught?

There is no way to know what happened...whether there was a traumatic injury to the GI tract, a simple strain on his stomach from being overfed (chams have relatively small stomachs for their size and he got a huge mass of food that day), or some other underlying health problem that has surfaced. We can't really help you here. A vet should, at the very minimum, do a fecal analysis to check for blood and parasites. Maybe a scan or x-ray could locate a GI problem. Don't feed him right now in case there is an injury. You may make things worse and he won't starve. Keep him hydrated and comfortable until you can get to the vet. I don't think you have any choice here.

Back
Top Bottom