Votes: 362 34.1%
  • Pothos

Votes: 201 18.9%
  • Dracaena

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Hibiscus

Votes: 158 14.9%

• Total voters
for small chamaeleon species I would recommend Aspargus falcatus and cissus antarctica(have not yet found an african plant that is like cissus antarctica).... but when I do Iwould certanly use that instead...

Ya'll must have stock in Ficus. THats all I hear/see "get a Ficus!" LOL.. I heard they are also VERY difficult to keep alive so not sure I wanna drop the $100 they want for one.:) I like the Schefflera. I found a very large bushy one at Lowes for 6.84, so I got 2.:)

Man, I wish I could change my answer from schefflera to pothos. I liked the look of the schef the most at first....but pothos are my favorite now! You can't kill them, they are cheap, they come in different colors and leaf sizes, they grow quickly, are easy to make cuttings of, aren't prone to root rot, make gorgeous long climbing vines, and are very tropical looking.

I would like my hibiscus more if they would stop trying to take over the light in the cages and bush out. They are all gangly and green, reaching for the light. Dracaenas are nice, but I mostly see them as filler plants to make the cage pretty. I don't see how a cham could really climb on them well. Ficus are fine for smaller chams, but they are so whippy and dense that I think they just take up space in a larger cham's enclosure. They can provide good cover if positioned correctly, though.

I use all of these plants, by the way, and pothos is by far the best in my opinion.

I like the Dracaena when it comes to looks, but I would have to say the Pothos is the easist. And because its easy, its my fav lol:p

Lately I am really loving the pothos plants. they are great for chams to move around on.

I also have a Cham plant from Jeweled Chameleons, it is doing GREAT and I wish I had more of them. The trick with them is to let it establish itself in the pot you intend to to have it in... once it gets the roots going.. LOOK OUT! Mine was growing 6 inches a week. (maybe not THAT much.... but it was mad)

My 'Chameleon plant' died.... I am 99% sure it was the crappy dirt I was using... Maybe next time.....:rolleyes::eek:

Shoulda had Elisa pot it for ya ;)

I use organic..My own worm bin. Easy and efficient! :)

Funny you say that....

IMG_9487.jpg

Whats the sprouty stuff at the bottom? And what do you mean Funny? Did she pot that one? Looks great and very fun! :)

I have 4 ficus benjamini's in my terrarium.

And one big Schefflera in my living room, about 3 meters tal. He loves climbing in that too.

Whats the sprouty stuff at the bottom? And what do you mean Funny? Did she pot that one? Looks great and very fun! :)

I am not sure what the grass like green things are at the bottom.

Its funny you say that because yes, that was done by her as a tutoring tool. She also trimmed the ficus I have in my Panther's cage. She does great work! Steve wanders all over his ficus, it s a panther high way.

This is the Ficus she trimmed for me the day I put it into the cage. It is a bit bare and had some yellow leafs at the moment of the photo. The ficus is filling in and the yellow leafs are gone. I just hadn't watered it well when I got it and now it gets plenty. The pothos is now well supported and gets plenty of light and is also filling in more. I also use fake plants on the one side to give him some cover... but he never wants it..... wanders the entire cage hunting and patrolling.

IMG_9449RC.jpg

I like to use the pothos just because Mel loves to hide in there and also she seems to REALLY like to chew on the leaves, even with crix jumping around in the cage.

I bought a JADE............i know it isnt on the list BUT its really cool once they grow taller because they have braches for climbing in the top part is kinda like a rubberplant but with little bowls. SO he holds water and keeps the humidity up in his cage and gives him a place to get water if his dripper runs out while im at work.

Pothos seems to be my main plant these days. Me-lady seems to really enjoy it, and I just love the overall look of the overgrown/vines hanging everywhere. Seems to be perfect in her setup right now.

Back
Top Bottom