Favorite panther chameleon, Ampiskiana, or Red Bar Ambilobes?

Oski

Hi :), As above whats peoples favorite out of the two given? and why?

I have been looking alot at Panthers and have seen these two for sale as well as Nosy Be, but like the look of the two above, Ijust wondered about peoples opionions,:)

Also does any1 know where i can look up more pictures, etc of these? thanks

Oski lives in the UK. I'm not one for red bar ambilobes unless they fire up with a nice yellow or orange color.

Yeah, red bars can look really different. Especially when they fire up.

I like the way that panther looks. They aren't as expensive as I've seen from other breeders in the UK either. If you are considering purchasing one, make sure you see the dams sire or one of the dams brothers as well.

Edit: the first sire. Not too fond of the red bar.

Yeah, red bars can look really different. Especially when they fire up.

I like the way that panther looks. They aren't as expensive as I've seen from other breeders in the UK either. If you are considering purchasing one, make sure you see the dams sire or one of the dams brothers as well.

Yeah the guy is a private breeder. He has loads, of amazing looking ones. Im very very interested, And if i was to get one it would defiantely be from him,

i take it they are the fired up colours in the pictures? Are the ambilobes usually green ish when at rest? with red/blue bars etc? Thanks,

Several reasons: Ambilobes are more common, I like their color, and I would like to add this locale my collection.

Several reasons: Ambilobes are more common, I like their color, and I would like to add this locale my collection.

Thanks:) i am interested in opionions, I have not seen any panthers here in the uk in petshops etc, they all have veileds in, they are not very common. But i see a ambilobe/picasso imo adult male the other day he was very nice, the firsy panther i have seen, they also had carpets, and i think mellars? but they were not for sale.

Hi Oski, I recently had an Ankify from Ben (the breeder who's advert you are looking at). So far he/she (not sure yet) seems to be very healthy and Ben was full of good advise when I collected it from him.
Your obviously a bit further away than I am but if you get the chance to collect from Ben do so, as he showed me his basement with all his stunning chameleons.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

Hi Oski, I recently had an Ankify from Ben (the breeder who's advert you are looking at). So far he/she (not sure yet) seems to be very healthy and Ben was full of good advise when I collected it from him.
Your obviously a bit further away than I am but if you get the chance to collect from Ben do so, as he showed me his basement with all his stunning chameleons.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks mate thats good to know, i have spoken to him through email seems friendly/helpful enough, and have seen his pictures of his chams setups etc. very impressive. how long have you had it? cheers

Picasso is just a designer name. Kind of like oorana mena for the nosy faly locale.

Ahh ok thanks for that so is a Picasso a Ambilobe? lol sorry if this sounds stupid, im a bit confused with images as some look the same yet different names, etc, thanks

Yes. From my understanding these designer names are given to the animals by the Importer who caught them, but certain chameleons that have a certain designer name are caught from the same area. Picasso is from the ambilobe area so they are ambilobes with a different name.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know.

Yes. From my understanding these designer names are given to the animals by the Importer who caught them, but certain chameleons that have a certain designer name are caught from the same area. Picasso is from the ambilobe area so they are ambilobes with a different name.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know.

Ok thanks for that, makes sense,

there seems to be loads, i really am interested in a nice colourfull male, its a hard choice out of the two there,

https://www.chameleonforums.com/ambilobe-sirama-13371/

Here is a thread with some good info. on the locales you are quetioning. Also, Ambilobe and Ampiskiana are divided by only miles. Therefore, they look very similar. However, here in the US, Ampiskiana locales seem to be harder to find. I know Clean Line Chameleons has had them in the past and they are flourescent yellow, similar to Ambilobe but IMO better.

Back
Top Bottom