Feeding of when?

BleuSaphir

Chameleon Enthusiast
I think most of everyone here would know of Namul. I was wondering when I should feed him? Petsmart employee has told me he does eat around 14 large crickets a day.
But I would like to know when I should be offering him food?
IMG_8820.jpeg

You should feed them in the morning so they have time to bask and digest their food throughout the day.
I typically feed my crew an hr or two after lights are on and after the sun comes up for the outside chams.
Feed during one sitting so you don’t have un-eaten bugs roaming the cage throughout the day. He’s still growing so he will probably easily eat that many crickets in a day. I personally fed max 10-12 small roaches.

Oh my, I am not like everyone. I wake up late. Perhaps usually 10 or around 11 AM. Sometime noon if I am up late in warehouse work. 😵‍💫

Morning is best so he can bask and start digesting. But if you eat a steak its going to take a couple of days to come out the other end. The chameleon it will take even longer. So its not like "oh no it ate a big bug before bedtime" is a problem. I only feed after i get home from work, so maybe 2 hours before they start heading to the sleeping stick, and 4 hours before lights out.

I manually put on the lights and off. Today is the fourth day to discover him awake before me. And I am awake than my usual self. LOL
Hiya, using a timer is a great tool if you are getting up late in the morning. I would recommend trying a feeder cup also for other wormy type feeders or dubias. It's healthy to have a varied diet other than crickets.

Hiya, using a timer is a great tool if you are getting up late in the morning. I would recommend trying a feeder cup also for other wormy type feeders or dubias. It's healthy to have a varied diet other than crickets.
I only fed him locust out of the garden. I was surprised how willing he wanted to eat in short of time of acquiring him.

Crickets will not be free ranging…that when I will not open the cage for sure. 😰

I will order silk worms. I think he should love those. Seem to have interest in superworms. Though I killed most of keeping them in the fridge.

I only fed him locust out of the garden. I was surprised how willing he wanted to eat in short of time of acquiring him.

Crickets will not be free ranging…that when I will not open the cage for sure. 😰

I will order silk worms. I think he should love those. Seem to have interest in superworms. Though I killed most of keeping them in the fridge.
I have seen some locusts are poisonous for chameleons. Not sure which ones though…

I give my turtles all the time with locust found in my garden. Namul seems like he can keep going with his appetite.

Back
Top Bottom