Fellow Brits

Boldie

I Have been looking around the forum for the last couple of days and notice that the majority of the members are American, I was just wondering how many fellow Brits frequent these boards?

I would also like to know if you are a Brit how do you house your Chameleons as our climate is not suitable for screen or free range. I am using a glass Exo Terra (45cm/45cm/60cm) at the moment but was wondering if I should stay with the glass or move on to wood when my Cham needs a bigger home.

uk also

hello mate im also from uk, my veilled is also in a exoterra, ive just built a wooden viv to move him into now was easy to build and looks smart it also holds the heat and humidity really good , ive got air vents in the back.

im just down the road in Ellesmere Port, Ive got Kermit in an exo terra 4ft screen enclosure, and his temps are fine, been checking constantly as im a new cham mum!! :) Hes on the landing away from any draughts and heating so temps are pretty steady..

Uk

I'm south of London, Ive got mine in a reptibreeze. With a heat bulb the temps are fine!

They don't drop to low at night either :)

Its good to know I've got some cham lovers living nearby in case of emergencies. If my cham is about 6 months old when will I need to move him in to a bigger Viv?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

As Camimom said, I am also in the UK, the Isle of Wight, to be exact! chameleon lady (my best friend) is also on here - she bred Monty and his clutchmates. Sallyb is also from the UK, as is Dartfrog, Sweetcorn, Bernie, redfl83, and the wonderful lady that bred Monty and his clutch mates, chameleon lady. There are others on here too, some more active than others.

Hi Boldie. I'm from Aberdeen Scotland. I joined forum last week and am finding it very good. My cam is in wooden viv with glass doors and mesh screen on top with air vents on either side. It measures 4 ft by 3 ft by 2ft. I agree with you about uk temps but we may get a summer this year!

I Have been looking around the forum for the last couple of days and notice that the majority of the members are American, I was just wondering how many fellow Brits frequent these boards?

I would also like to know if you are a Brit how do you house your Chameleons as our climate is not suitable for screen or free range. I am using a glass Exo Terra (45cm/45cm/60cm) at the moment but was wondering if I should stay with the glass or move on to wood when my Cham needs a bigger home.

Members who list "UK" as part of their location: https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=UK&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30

Members who list "England" as their location:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=England&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30

Scotland: https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=Scotland&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30

Canadian climate (in many cases) is also not necessarily well suited to chameleons. I use home-made cages. Wood frame. Plexiglass doors. Screen top. Painted peg-board sides

Aren't british websites .uk vs .com ???

I think if they are registered here they all finish .co.uk
Luckily we still get the whole internet to look at so we can join the best Chameleon forum wherever it was set up :)
I use converted furniture with half screen fronts......when my boy was just over 6 months old he moved into his Wardrarium - https://www.chameleonforums.com/mem...-finished-setup-picture10631-big-viv-002.html It's a bit bigger than he really needs, but it was free :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry mate only just noticed your from widnes, im only up the road in whiston.

Newbie to the forum but we're just down t'road in St Helens

We've been playing around with and without a heat mat and adding in lighting to get the temperature right, following advice on the forum..

We have a large custom/DIY glass case with a well ventilated top and have a good temperature gradient from 90F at the basking spot down to 70F where George (male panther 6 months old) kips down at the opposite end of his case.

We worry that the UK climate is going to be a challenge as winter hits, but its worth it I guess.:D

I'm from Essex and recently bought a new viv for my veiled, 5ft tall 3ft wide 2.5ft deep wood with a glass front, check out seapets.co.uk there actually fairly cheep (the ax series, mines an ax36)

I'm from Southampton, my guy's in a glass exo-terra but I'm getting him a bigger cage soon. I'm still debating what to do. I know that glass would be ideal for maintaining temp and humidity & that they have been kept successfully in glass cages, but people have advised against it (although mostly people from warmer climes!). I've been told an extra tall exo-terra still wouldn't be a big enough cage for an adult male veiled so I might get a wooden cage with a screened front.

Back
Top Bottom