Female panther Cham not eating

BarnabyBlack

Hi,

My female panther chameleon has changed a lot in the last month. She's now about 9/10 months old and has changed from the nosy outgoing Cham she was, loving the outside of the vivarium than in it and pretty fearless to a more timid and shy Cham.

I think it's related to sexual maturity but not 100%.

We've recently split her from a male panther as they were both the same age and beginning to do a bit of pushing and shoving so we took her out straight away.

She now has a large vivarium, 1.2 metres wide and about 60cm tall, glass fronted Wooden Viv.

I've got a uv strip light an a heat lamp. She always seemed to get too hot with a 100w we had previously so she's now on 50w.

She's not eaten for about 5 days now. She used to run down the vines to grab whatever food we put in for her but now I can't get her to eat.

We've offered meal worms, locusts, large fruit beetle grubs and crickets carefully dusting them with calcium and nutrient powder.

She became a little dehydrated as well so we've increased the misting and have a reptifogger plus auto rain system now for extra humidity.

I've noticed today that she is about to shred.

Would that explain all her issues? I'm worried she's going to starve to death.

Any other foods I can offer?

Please help :(

Also, food wise, should I be leaving some containers with the food in whilst at work? I'm thinking she might eat when not being watched etc?

bejuzyhu.jpg
ytymagam.jpg

My female stops eating when she's gravid and ready to lay eggs. Place a bucket (minimum eight to ten inches deep) with damp but not soaked dirt and if she needs to lay she hopefully will. Have you noticed her moving restlessly at the bottom of her enclosure?

Thanks, I've done this two days ago!

She's just had a massive shed, some skin left on her head but otherwise all done! She seems to have perked up a little and isn't going black all the time. Hopefully she will start eating again soon!

Thanks for everyone's advice! It's scary and upsetting thinking she is suffering or poorly :;

Back
Top Bottom