Female Veiled

yungzerk

Avid Member
Just pre ordered a female veiled from framschams and i can’t be more excited!!! Won’t come til late may-early june so i’ll be extra prepared 😆. I always wanted a panther but after seeing todo grow up i just fell in love with veileds, so the panther may have to hold off
IMG_3522.jpeg

Do you know that if the husbandry isn’t right female veileds can develop reproductive issues and die early?
yes! I never wanted to have a female when i first got into the cham hobby after i learned they lay eggs but i’ve done a lot of research and i just love the coloration on female veileds, but i obviously plan on re researching and learning so the husbandry is %100 correct 😄

yes! I never wanted to have a female when i first got into the cham hobby after i learned they lay eggs but i’ve done a lot of research and i just love the coloration on female veileds, but i obviously plan on re researching and learning so the husbandry is %100 correct 😄
Yay!! Female veileds are such incredible creatures! Definitely glad you didn’t let the extra few care requirements talk you out of adding one of these beauties to your family. They have such unique personalities and are such a delight to have around. Can’t wait to see your little girl when she arrives!

Yay!! Female veileds are such incredible creatures! Definitely glad you didn’t let the extra few care requirements talk you out of adding one of these beauties to your family. They have such unique personalities and are such a delight to have around. Can’t wait to see your little girl when she arrives!
🥰thank you so very much for the kind words. I was very hesitant at the start but i’m soooo glad i did it! I’ll be sure to share pictures of the sweet girl when she arrives

Yay!!!! So exciting! Female veileds are awesome! If you need any help with setting up her husbandry correctly just let us know!
I pretty much have it down to a tee but i will😆! The only thing i guess i have a question about is for the lay bin, is there like a certain angle or way i should position branches so she can get there easier or do female chameleons just pretty much know a lay bin is for laying eggs lol

I pretty much have it down to a tee but i will😆! The only thing i guess i have a question about is for the lay bin, is there like a certain angle or way i should position branches so she can get there easier or do female chameleons just pretty much know a lay bin is for laying eggs lol
Well I haven’t had any experience with my girl laying but I’m assuming that if it all good and the right size with easy access they will just realize it’s the best thing to use! With my girl I was worried what she might chose the massive pot of soil instead of the lay bin but she never ended up digging so I never got the answer for that 😅
Tho she uses the big pot to poop so maybe she just see it as a toilet XD

Well good luck with your girl! I can’t wait to see photos of her!

Well I haven’t had any experience with my girl laying but I’m assuming that if it all good and the right size with easy access they will just realize it’s the best thing to use! With my girl I was worried what she might chose the massive pot of soil instead of the lay bin but she never ended up digging so I never got the answer for that 😅
Tho she uses the big pot to poop so maybe she just see it as a toilet XD

Well good luck with your girl! I can’t wait to see photos of her!
😆that’s exactly why i asked! I’ve seen videos of some females laying eggs in the plant soil and stuff so i just wasn’t sure, and one last question sorry lol! but i was thinking of putting the lay bin in right when she arrives, good idea or no? Also thank you so much 🥰 i’ll be sure to share all the pictures when she arrives

😆that’s exactly why i asked! I’ve seen videos of some females laying eggs in the plant soil and stuff so i just wasn’t sure, and one last question sorry lol! but i was thinking of putting the lay bin in right when she arrives, good idea or no? Also thank you so much 🥰 i’ll be sure to share all the pictures when she arrives
I’d say put it in right away and just leave it, it just will reduce the stress on you and her if she ever goes receptive and its needed to be put in the cage

I have, for many many years now, used washed play…a specific type. It can be put in fairly early…but I’ve never put a bin in until the female gets her mature mustardy splotches and blue dots, as a rule, (or is over 5 months of age if the colors haven’t showed up yet. Some of the females eat the substrate and I don’t want it to cause issues with them. The King’s washed play sand that I’ve used, that comes in a white bag with red, blue, yellow sand box toys on it, seems to always pass through them with no issues…but IMHO, it’s still better for them not to ingest it.

It doesn’t matter if they decide to dig in the soil in the plant pots …if that’s the site they like, then IMHO it’s best to let them use it. My only concern is if they ingest that soil it could lead to an impaction…which would not be good.

It’s important to get the vitamin ratios of D3 and prEformed vitamin A and the calcium to phosphorus ratio right, to not overfeed them as they approach sexual maturity and to keep the temperatures at 80F in the basking area. (Of course the UVB and other husbandry things are important too…but the overfeeding and temperatures in particular, keep them from producing huge clutches of infertile eggs and help to prevent follicular stasis and dystocia.

Hope this helps a bit. There’s time to figure things out, if the female you are getting is a juvenile!

Back
Top Bottom