Female Won't lay eggs? :(

Shablam

Hey there, my female is very fat and about 7 months old. For about 2 weeks now I have seen her running around at the bottom of her cage. She usually runs straight to my arm when i open the door and now she just puffs up and tries to run away from me. everything has been fine until a couple of weeks ago. Ive tried providing several different kinds of egg laying bins for her but she wont go for them. She just gets out and runs around on the floor around them. She is still eating but not nearly as much. Lights and temps are fine. Humidity is a bit of a problem at the moment due to cold weather however i spray both her and my male both constantly througout the day and the male is fine, going about his daily routines. I now have her enclosed in a 5 gallon bucket filled with moist dirt 3/4 of the way full and a screen mesh lid over top with a thin shirt for privacy. I have also dug her a hole. I left her there for several hours and whem i came back she had barely moved. She looks healthy( other than being really fat) and her colours just look like shes stressed out in the bin. What do i do?! :(

Hey there, my female is very fat and about 7 months old. For about 2 weeks now I have seen her running around at the bottom of her cage. She usually runs straight to my arm when i open the door and now she just puffs up and tries to run away from me. everything has been fine until a couple of weeks ago. Ive tried providing several different kinds of egg laying bins for her but she wont go for them. She just gets out and runs around on the floor around them. She is still eating but not nearly as much. Lights and temps are fine. Humidity is a bit of a problem at the moment due to cold weather however i spray both her and my male both constantly througout the day and the male is fine, going about his daily routines. I now have her enclosed in a 5 gallon bucket filled with moist dirt 3/4 of the way full and a screen mesh lid over top with a thin shirt for privacy. I have also dug her a hole. I left her there for several hours and whem i came back she had barely moved. She looks healthy( other than being really fat) and her colours just look like shes stressed out in the bin. What do i do?! :(
Also, i have not introduced the male to the female yet. They are still unaware of eachother.

I thought my cham was going to Lay in Jan (Jan 1st She showed bright yellow green and blue) but it turns out she was just receiptive at that time she did have eggs but did not lay until Feb 22 so it took her roughly fifty days from the time she was receptive til the time she layed eggs.

Okay thanks ill try that. Shes been receptive for over a month now ive had egg laying bins in there for a few days at a time. But maybe shes not ready yet. And ill get some pics tomorrow, shes sleeping now !

I guess today was the day! I put the egg laying bin back in her cage and left her alone again yesterday, this morning i went to mist her and the male and i saw her digging in the hole i had already made for her, i immediately turned around and walked away lol im going to peek again in in about 7 hours before i go to work hopefully she is all done by then and i can give her some water and some dusted crickets. If not ill jist instruct my roomate to do the same if she finishes while im away

Back
Top Bottom