Ferdinand update

I am so very sad to hear this. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sleep tight little Ferdinand. You will be missed. :(

Thanks, guys. It's been a hard couple of days. I actually feel a little better now not having to worry that he is in pain or suffering.

I am so very sorry, but when we know it is time, then there is nothing else to do for an animal we love. RIP Ferdinand

Thank you. I've never cried so hard cleaning out a cricket bin.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do long term. I need some time to grieve. I know I definitely can't have another Jackson's, and it may be awhile before I'm ready for another cham at all.

I just got a call from my vet regarding the necropsy results. He didn't have a full diagnostic lab in his office, so it was limited to a visual inspection with slide observations. The liver was a bit swollen and had a heavy load of white blood cells. There was some bloody fluid in the abdominal cavity as well. However, fungal growth was found in his stomach and intestines. He was unsure the type of fungus. He did say they were no other indications of fungal infection, that usually he would see legions on the skin or in the mouth. There were no pearls or white nodules on the organs, and other organs looked normal.

Well this bites. Ferdinand Jackson was one of my favourites. I’m so so sorry. :( I will have a Chameleon drink in his honour this weekend.

Aww, so sorry to hear this!

When the time is right you'll find another to cherish. It may or may not be another species. Your heart will tell you.

Back
Top Bottom