Ficus Trees and Automatic Misters

Looks good, that first picture he looks pretty mad lol. But he looks happy in his other ones. What i would do, you dont have to, but it seems you did the same thing i did. I bought the starter kit that came with a Med cage and the dual light dome works nice on those. But since you got a bigger cage now i dont think that uvb light is ganna pump out the juice it needs, especially since its the mini compact kind. What i did was i got one mini dome and one deep dome. Take the heatlight out and put it in the mini dome, then place the heat light directly over that little branch that you have over in the back left. Then get the deep dome and get the larger 5.0 uvb compact light, not the mini, and put it in the center. You dont have to do this, but i was scared the mini uvb would not cover the cage

Looks good, that first picture he looks pretty mad lol. But he looks happy in his other ones. What i would do, you dont have to, but it seems you did the same thing i did. I bought the starter kit that came with a Med cage and the dual light dome works nice on those. But since you got a bigger cage now i dont think that uvb light is ganna pump out the juice it needs, especially since its the mini compact kind. What i did was i got one mini dome and one deep dome. Take the heatlight out and put it in the mini dome, then place the heat light directly over that little branch that you have over in the back left. Then get the deep dome and get the larger 5.0 uvb compact light, not the mini, and put it in the center. You dont have to do this, but i was scared the mini uvb would not cover the cage
That actually sounds like a great idea, do you think that perhaps I should get a UVA + UVB 100 watt bulb? thats what I've been planning on, because I've wanted to increase the heat now that he's not little. Also, I closed the window shutter to get a better picture, but a tooonnn of sunlight comes through that in the morning.

I think i read somewhere that glass filters out a lot of what a chameleon would need to be considered beneficial and i would depend on that alone. I cant say any comment about the dual uva/uvb combo as ive never used one.

Current Setup.jpg
Hard to tell but in the back left similar to yours i have a branch there so she can specifically go there to warm up, then i got the bigger deep dome for the 5.0 bigger non mini version

a tooonnn of sunlight comes through that in the morning.

I think i read somewhere that glass filters out a lot of what a chameleon would need to be considered beneficial and i would depend on that alone.

I don't have the definitive but I have read the same in this forum and through a little Googling. Here is an old thread that I just revived that is relevant to this topic.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/uvb-vs-screened-cage-in-front-of-window.103510/

Last edited:
That reptile carpet just held water from mistings, and little tiny black bugs showed up, so I threw it away. No more carpet on the floor of my cages.

That reptile carpet just held water from mistings, and little tiny black bugs showed up, so I threw it away. No more carpet on the floor of my cages.
I guess you don't get the tiny black bugs anymore now that you removed the repticarpet? I'm just not sure if the repticarpet caused you to have the tiny black bugs or did it just give them a hiding/protective place?

Is the Repticarpet water permeable?

I guess you don't get the tiny black bugs anymore now that you removed the repticarpet? I'm just not sure if the repticarpet caused you to have the tiny black bugs or did it just give them a hiding/protective place?

Is the Repticarpet water permeable?
The carpet kept everything wet. Carpet's gone, all is dry, and no more bugs.

Back
Top Bottom