Final setup for male and female

twatts704

I wanted to post pictures of my final setup for my male and female panther chams. My male is an 8 month Ambanja from Jon Rich and my female is an 8 month old Ambilobe from Suzi which will be here tomorrow :)

Both cages are 2x2x4 reptibreeze cages. I have them sitting on some tanks that I don't use anymore. My males cage has an umbrella plant, ficus plant, and a golden pothos that is hanging from the top right corner of the cage.

My females cage has 2 golden pothos plants hanging in the top left and right corners of the cage (back) and a ficus plant in the front along with a laying bin for my female, as she is gravid with infertile eggs.

They both have a 48" long tube going across the top of both of the cages. My female has a 100watt MV bulb as well. My male has a basking bulb (Watt?) And a 5.0 uvb coil bulb 30watt (I believe) the temps on both cages are spot on!

The only thing I did not have time for is my misting system which I am skepticle about even using since I have been told that this product is nothing but bad (Habba Mist) I think I will just stick to manually spraying for now.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures and look forward to showing you their process over the next few months :)

My males name is Azriel and my female is still undecided (any help with the name?)

Oh and last thing, I do have a divider so they can't see each other. Hope you all enjoy

-Ted

a6937b93-ca73-bb29.jpg
a6937b93-ca7f-8454.jpg
a6937b93-caa0-8457.jpg
a6937b93-caae-8f52.jpg

This is my males cage
a6937b93-cac9-da10.jpg

And this is my females cage

Hope you all enjoy :)

Great job on your set ups. I would just recommend adding more horizontal branched and vines. Also I'm not to fond of the MV bulbs on cages. They put off allot of heat. Way to much for a female. I have a blog attached for you about females and egg laying. Be sure to read Lynda Horgan's link in my blog about the female. I keep mine the same way that Lynda does.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html

Last edited:
Jann rules. Her blog is great advise to anybody.

I personally would increase the temperature gradient by reducing the height of the pot. You loose a lot of valuable space for the Cham to cool down by such a tall pot. if you want to stay more flexible with a removable planter, I would cut the pot by half and (tropical plants rely more on water than on soil).

Thanks for the replies, I am taking them into account and will remedy them shortly. I also took a peak at some of your other blogs too Jann and will be removing the MVB and just using a household bulb

Back
Top Bottom