Finally!!! Melleri Babies Emerge!!!!

Keep some and sell some!!

So, of the ones you are keeping, is it your intent to keep breeding?

As much as I want one, I'm not sure I would be ready for this batch of babies. We are looking at a move next summer and it's gonna be tough enough to move what I already have. We are military and have 3 more years left to retire. We are really crossing our fingers that our next base is going back to AZ where we want to retire. If not, then 2 more years after the next move and we will be moving again.

So, of the ones you are keeping, is it your intent to keep breeding?

As much as I want one, I'm not sure I would be ready for this batch of babies. We are looking at a move next summer and it's gonna be tough enough to move what I already have. We are military and have 3 more years left to retire. We are really crossing our fingers that our next base is going back to AZ where we want to retire. If not, then 2 more years after the next move and we will be moving again.

Yes, I will be breeding. The ones I keep from this clutch will serve only to expand the genetics I have.

I hope you make it back to AZ!! Thanks for your service!!

Joel, are you crazy to have them out free ranging???? I can't even keep track of my babies in a planted cage. You have given me a heart attack!

Lol...I didn't have them free ranging. I had one crazy influx of babies. I was trying to move them and became nervous about dropping one or one climbing out and falling. So I let them sit on the plant. Then my "photo op" side took hold and botta bing!

But, this happened. I have been removing the empty eggs and keeping up with my count. I had two more babies in the box. I left them alone for a bit. When I came back they were still the only two and I removed them to put them in the enclosure. Later last night, I was counting the eggs and the number of babies I had and I was off by two. I FREAKED OUT!!!! I realized that two more babies had hatched in the interim and two had got out. I was on all fours scanning my closet and looking like a complete goon. Common sense says they go up...but escaped babies makes the mind breakdown in a way as to trump common sense! I found them though.

IMAG2848.jpg

Lol...I didn't have them free ranging. I had one crazy influx of babies. I was trying to move them and became nervous about dropping one or one climbing out and falling. So I let them sit on the plant. Then my "photo op" side took hold and botta bing!

But, this happened. I have been removing the empty eggs and keeping up with my count. I had two more babies in the box. I left them alone for a bit. When I came back they were still the only two and I removed them to put them in the enclosure. Later last night, I was counting the eggs and the number of babies I had and I was off by two. I FREAKED OUT!!!! I realized that two more babies had hatched in the interim and two had got out. I was on all fours scanning my closet and looking like a complete goon. Common sense says they go up...but escaped babies makes the mind breakdown in a way as to trump common sense! I found them though.

View attachment 164456
Maybe they got chilly and needed a sweater.

View attachment 164456

HAHAHAHA!!!! I thought I was the only idiot who could lose babies! I'm glad I have company.

I once put my bare foot down in front of a baby cage and felt the soft resistance of either a big soft bug or a week old baby. It had been on the glass door that I had opened and I didn't see it with the green plants behind... No harm done but OMG, that was close! If I had been wearing shoes, I wouldn't have felt it.... Whew!

HAHAHAHA!!!! I thought I was the only idiot who could lose babies! I'm glad I have company.

I once put my bare foot down in front of a baby cage and felt the soft resistance of either a big soft bug or a week old baby. It had been on the glass door that I had opened and I didn't see it with the green plants behind... No harm done but OMG, that was close! If I had been wearing shoes, I wouldn't have felt it.... Whew!

Lol...idiots unite. I couldn't believe that I made that sort of error.

OMG...stepping on one...I would have a panic attack. That would be the worst feeling to know you just stepped on a baby. Glad you didn't have shoes on. Eeek!

Back
Top Bottom