Firing up?

litahudak

So.. I think what my little guy just tried to do was firing up. He's all of about 4 inches in length, but when I opened his tank to mist him this morning he looked inflated and got dark green bars and (everyone calls it hissing) what I can best describe as huffing at me.. I think he was supposed to look vicious. Poor little thing. :):D

Haha, yes, he is a veiled. He's about 2 months old and a huge 4 inches and decides because I woke him up he was gonna be grumpy and let me know lol.

And yours is gorgeous! Mine doesn't have that much color yet because he's so little.. Hopefully within a few months, though!

Haha, yes, he is a veiled. He's about 2 months old and a huge 4 inches and decides because I woke him up he was gonna be grumpy and let me know lol.

And yours is gorgeous! Mine doesn't have that much color yet because he's so little.. Hopefully within a few months, though!

That pic of mine is when he is months old. just a few weeks ago. ANd that was the first time hed ever shown more than his normal pattern.
Youll go to check o nhim one day and gom where did all these colors come from??? lol
has he shed for you yet? if not, you are in for an experience. they always look so miserable when they shed.

Yeah, the first time Moe really fired up is when I woke him up to get him downstairs during a tornado warning. I will never do that again, he actually bit me. I guess chams are not happy critters when awakened. He would get an attitude every now and then but that is the very first time I had seen him all flared up. I must say, they may be angry and that time but it is real nice to see all thier colors at that time.

He just finished shedding. I felt so bad because he looked so miserable, but alas, not many more colors. I figure it may have happened also from the stress of being shipped. I'm really waiting to see when he sheds and he gets some of those colors like yours has when fired up. Right now he's just lime green with some dark green stripes lol. When he blew up he looked like a watermelon gumball :)

And he bit you? Wow. How much did it hurt? But I agree, they seem to like their beauty sleep.

It surprised me more than anything but I'm not going to say it doesn't hurt a little. They definately have teeth and thier jaw closes pretty hard in my opinion (for a small creature anyway). He bit me through a towel that I decided to use because he was so upset. I still felt his teeth through the towel so he really chomped down. Need less to say that I left him alone after that and the little terd drifted right back to sleep in the same position not but a couple of minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom