First feeding

flashjord101

I received Harold from Kammers yesterday (amazing little guy), let him settle then fed him this morning. I dropped 12 small crickets near him into the ficus. Most of them disappeared out of sight. He grabbed 2 that were near him, then hunted around and found maybe two more. I can't see any of them. He's now basking. Will Harold simply hunt around and find them all, even if I can't see them? should I add more crickets to the cage? I'd prefer to loose feed him than cup feed him. Thank you for your suggestions?

J

The thing with the feeders is that they will always run an hide, usually underneath things or in places the cham wont go.

This is why most people choose to cup feed. It eliminates the guess work of how many he eats and how many get away.

Congrats on your new cham tho! Hope you enjoy him :)

i find that the crickets will hid at first then eventually make their way up towards the heat lamp, where hopefully your little guy is waiting them BLAMO!!!!

thanks. Heat ate a couple from my hand. Wasn't expecting him to do that on the first feeding. I'll just keep monitoring.

Back
Top Bottom