First timer

TShep

My veiled laid eggs(25) for the first time after researching upon moving them to a sand filled ziploc container I noticed 2 were dented..the next day I checked on them and 2 more were dented a total of 4.They are being kept on a shelf at room temperature (70F-74F) I was just wondering if this is normal or something I may have done wrong? does this mean those eggs are infertile all 25 eggs look to be good size and color and aside from the 4 dented appear to be healthy.I feel like a terrible owner not knowing enough :(

Welcome to the forums. Did you mate your girl? If so sometime if they are not mated in the right time of their cycle not all of the eggs will be good and sometime they could all go bad. Normally the ones that will go bad will go bad in the first couple of weeks.

my first experience with my first female panther chameleon which came to me already pregnant,
she laid eight eggs, among which one of them went moldy after three weeks. that particular one did not grow in size while the other seven were slowing expanding in size over the past seven weeks.

in many cases, not all eggs would be fertile. i heard that some locales, especially the most popular and common Ambilobe, has a really high rate of fertility and successful hatches among its eggs, in some cases, as high as 100% but more often than not, there will still be some infertile ones.

and i heard that Nosy Faly has a much lower rate of fertility among its eggs. maybe just 50% in some cases?

i'm a new hobbyist myself, so i'm just telling me based on what my mentors taught me. i'm still learning.

btw, could more experienced members in this forum help me with this question pls?
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...leon-rest-between-each-mating-session.152027/

much appreciated

My male and female live in the same tank..they have since I've owned them so I cant say 100% if they mated or if she just reached puberty(if that's even close to the right term lol) she is about 8mnths and my male 1yr I've been checking on the eggs and no more have dented..she lay a few on the opposite side of the rest..could they be the duds and she knew? I understand sex causes babies but I was not expecting this I guess since we've gone so long without any eggs

I did separate them but actually because my males health wasn't the best :/ could she be one of those crazy ex baby mommas? lol j.k

Back
Top Bottom