Free Range chameleon? Realistic?

veiled66

Hello all, my veiled chameleon named Yemen has been a little unhappy and stressed since I got him 2 weeks ago. (reference my previous post about my cham being able to smell my snake...haha!). So I decided to take him out and put him on this 6 foot ficus that I recently purchased. He just seems so much happier on that than in his cage so I was wondering could I free my cham to the confines of my large ficus? I will be able to successfully hang his required lighting and drip system above the ficus so that he will have water and light also I will mist and offer food both with my hands and a white cup I can tie to the tree. Do you think I can pull this off? Obviously when I am away for long periods (days at a time) he will be in his cage. He has just been stressed ever since I got him about 2 weeks ago and he finally seems happy with this so I wanted to give it a go. Also is there a way to eliminate me somewhat as a stress factor? I know this wont eliminate entirely but I want to make seeing me a less stressful experience haha I get it though I have a large beard and most animals do not find this appealing.

Thank you for all your help, I love coming on here and gaining so much knowledge. I thought I knew veiled chameleons haha...nope!

yeah i did that. I took wood pieces and cut about a foot and 3 quarters each and nailed them together in a square. I put a hook in the ceiling and took paracord around the corners and hung it from the hook. I put the dripper on the hook as well. I glued and zip tied lots and lots of branches and leaves to the wood and branches and glued a cup to it as well. It worked well and she loved it. the only problem was the draining of the water and the poop. She loved it otherwise.

Thank you so much for the link jacksjill, I found some great ideas.

yeah i did that. I took wood pieces and cut about a foot and 3 quarters each and nailed them together in a square. I put a hook in the ceiling and took paracord around the corners and hung it from the hook. I put the dripper on the hook as well. I glued and zip tied lots and lots of branches and leaves to the wood and branches and glued a cup to it as well. It worked well and she loved it. the only problem was the draining of the water and the poop. She loved it otherwise.
BClizzi isnt it weird? They love being free range so much its crazy, although not surprising haha. I think im going to give this free range thing a try. I will be away for about 4 days or so but when I get back ill get started on the project. Ill post pics when I finish to see what you guys think. :)

Back
Top Bottom