Friend won't listen to me about his chameleon

FIFTH GRADER?

Dude I don't think he will even have the responsibility to care for a chameleon let alone a baby.

The stubborn mind is typical. Seriously he's gonna need LOTS of parents help to even care for the thing.

You know how 5th graders are, they just want a pet to show off to their friends. :(
Please teach him how to care for his little baby the right way.

He is at my home reading everything he can i also showed him pictures of what could happen in plus he has been reading a lot now to get his chameleon in better condition.

He is at my home reading everything he can i also showed him pictures of what could happen in plus he has been reading a lot now to get his chameleon in better condition.

Thank goodness :( At least he stopped being stubborn.

I don't want to be biased here but a lot of younger people learn fast, but they don't want to learn. Or they just don't care. :(

Hopefully it goes well.

Get a new friend OR rub it in his face when yours thrives.

I understand that may sound, in text, to be mean or smartass. However in perspective it is how you deal with a stubborn human. Some people are not meant to have pets not kids yet they do

The problem is that the people we think are the "professionals" are just teenagers punching a register at a mom and pop store. At our local pet shop the only calcium supplement they even had was reptivite with D3, and when I went somewhere else searching for just plain calcium I found the same thing. I had to settle for a liquid spray calcium as it was all I could find, but I certainly would have just kept sprinkling D3 with every feeding if I'd listened to the pet store employees. Don't even get me started on the advice they were giving me on lighting.

I love getting advice from pet stores just to throw the proper advice in they're faces and watch them stare like a deer in the headlights.

Sometimes it depends on WHO delivers the message...not just what's in it! One big reason I like handing pet shops care sheets from the forum instead of only lecturing them myself...the person getting the lecture doesn't have to admit they are wrong...and they can read and think about the new info on their own terms. The fact that he was trying to ignore you meant he was already questioning his own care and was on the defensive. The more defensive someone gets the less willing they are to listen.

Well I did it we volunteered at the store again and my friend bot everything he could to help his Cham thrive so yay for him and he is starting a cricket farm! I am very pleased with his new attitude towards my information and all yours! I showed him this thread and said that all of these people are trying to help you and your Cham.:D I really think he will start being I better owner now.:D

Back
Top Bottom