Male:
img1805rm0.jpg

img1816xw8.jpg

Female:
img1833ek3.jpg

img1823rh8.jpg

img1818wi8.jpg

Thanks!

We are going to try to breed with them but that's the hard part of this species. The female is still young so we will wait a couple of months.

I don't think it's wise to export the animals overseas because they are very fragile and I think that the costs will be huge.

Furcifer minor are one of my dream species! I'd LOVE to work with them. You have beautiful critters there. :D

Good luck with them.
Cheers!
t

It's a very pleasant species :)
My experience with the minors is that they are not shy at all and that they are not a stressfull species. I would say that they are even more relaxed than the pardalis but they are very active in their housings.

For those small animals they can eat a lot!

We try everything to breed with them successfully but not many breeders/chameleon keepers had any success and there is not al lot of information to find on the internet about the minors.

We keep the minors slightly different then the pardalis.

Offcourse we keep the minors seperatelly in one of the exo-terra glass terrariums and we put al lot of plants and twigs in the terrarium. A lot more then we do by the pardalis.

In the morning we spray the plants with water so the humidity will reach 80% max and during the day the humidity will drop to 30%. We keep them a lot dryer then then we do with the pardalis. In the evening we will give the minors water by hand.

Each terrarium has a 60W spot for heating and a UV lamp (Arcadia D3 Compact). We are considering to add a daylicht lamp in each terrarium as we do with the pardalis. The average temperature during the day is about 30 degrees celcius and during the night the average temperature is about 17 degrees celsius. The day and night temperatures are currently dropping because we are trying to simulate a "winter" like in Madagascar.

So we keep the minors a lot dryer then the pardalis and we use a lot more plants and twigs in the terrariums :).

oh sorry, i gor excited when i saw them. i didnt pay attention to where you are from. i cam across some pictures of them online and did a bunch of research. i couldnt find anyone in the US that had them for sale. sorry lol

Those are beautiful.....

Those are beautiful little creatures. So the male got those colors after seeing the female........can you post a picture of him in his normal colors? Congrats on being able to get them :)

I was trying to place an add for my own captive bread Furcifer Minor, but somehow i wasn't allowed to make a new thread
Can the admins maybe help me on that one?

I bought my Minors at the time of Arjan and Yolanda, and now have breeded 27 this year. Are there still more people on this forum with this species?

I'dd like to exchange with someone possibly for Furcifer Campani, or just offer a few males.

Kind regards,
Mario

Hello Mario,

Unfortunately as a junior member you cannot place ads in the classifieds yet. You must have a member status.

As for finding animals for yours, I am not sure. There arent a lot of people from the Netherlands on here and I havnt heard of any people with Furcifer minor for a while.

You can always export some to us in the US:D

Back
Top Bottom