Getting a tattoo....

I only have one tattoo and one piercing. I got my tongue pierced over 20 years ago. I only got it because the tattoo I wanted was way more than the piercing and I needed money for booze. I'm glad I didn't get it. It was a spur of the moment thing with no thought behind it other than it was what I liked in the book. Back in 2000, I was at Venice Beach and there was a man that made designs and burned out the pattern with a magnifying glass, or "solar engraved" them. I fell in love with one of an OM. I bought it and hung it in the living room and looked at it all the time saying to myself, "If I ever get a tattoo, that's gonna be it". In 2003, I got "ants in my pants" like I HAD to get it. So I called my best friend Abigail, grabbed the OM, and we headed back to Venice Beach to find somewhere to get the tattoo done. I decided on a place called Tattoo Asylum and it's been there FOREVER. The guy was cool and did a pretty good job. There was some loss of color, but I'm afraid to do anything else to it, for fear of something "worse". I don't think I'll ever be ashamed of it, as it is a symbol for God. I explain it this way, "It's a symbol for the sound or vibration at which God and Creation exist". I got a band of 7 OMs around my arm, so I am always "physically" surrounded by God. I don't think I'll get any others, unless I get "antsy" and there is nothing I have even been thinking about. Maybe a chameleon eating a mantis. Bring both hobbies together.:D
This is the "solar engraving". It's dated on the back 8-30-00, signed by the artist, Albert Culburtin (?) III, and is titled, "Blessed be".
DSCN4483.jpg

DSCN4488.jpg

DSCN4490.jpg

I don't think I'll get addicted, I mean I hope not lol. A huge alien!?! Lol is it Paul?? He's the coolest alien ever lol!

Do NOT think about getting a huge tattoo of Paul on your back!! :D:D:D:D:D
I still think you shouldn't get any at all..........jmho.......get over it, but it'll hurt :cool:

This is the "solar engraving". It's dated on the back 8-30-00, signed by the artist, Albert Culburtin (?) III, and is titled, "Blessed be".

And I thought Californians called Scott were supposed to be like, deep.......maaaannnn :cool::D

I don't think I'll get addicted, I mean I hope not lol. A huge alien!?! Lol is it Paul?? He's the coolest alien ever lol!

Thanks!! I decided to wait, maybe like a week or so and reevaluate. The guy who would do it is named Pnut lol. He's pretty awesome.

no, like this alien (different design though)
images

I've got 2. One is my family crest, the other is in memory of my dad who recently passed from melanoma. I don't regret either one and if its something has a meaning to you I would encourage you to get it. How could you regret something that means that much to you?

This picture was taken right after I got it so its a little rough but the ribbon has his initials in it and he was a huge snoopy fan. He actually had a snoopy tattoo. His only one :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 90
I have 4 and don't regret any of them.

Chinese symbol for Tiger on my right shoulder
Tribal design of my own at the base of my back
Small heart with a couple of leaves coming out the sides with hubby's name in the heart on my left ankle.
White Tiger cub's head on my right ankle.

I am a bit partial to those tigers!! LOL

Would love some sort of colourful foliage and chameleon design going all the way up my leg and side and around and up my back to my neck, but hubby said no, he likes my body the way it is. Oh well :rolleyes:

I only have one tattoo and one piercing. I got my tongue pierced over 20 years ago. I only got it because the tattoo I wanted was way more than the piercing and I needed money for booze. I'm glad I didn't get it. It was a spur of the moment thing with no thought behind it other than it was what I liked in the book. Back in 2000, I was at Venice Beach and there was a man that made designs and burned out the pattern with a magnifying glass, or "solar engraved" them. I fell in love with one of an OM. I bought it and hung it in the living room and looked at it all the time saying to myself, "If I ever get a tattoo, that's gonna be it". In 2003, I got "ants in my pants" like I HAD to get it. So I called my best friend Abigail, grabbed the OM, and we headed back to Venice Beach to find somewhere to get the tattoo done. I decided on a place called Tattoo Asylum and it's been there FOREVER. The guy was cool and did a pretty good job. There was some loss of color, but I'm afraid to do anything else to it, for fear of something "worse". I don't think I'll ever be ashamed of it, as it is a symbol for God. I explain it this way, "It's a symbol for the sound or vibration at which God and Creation exist". I got a band of 7 OMs around my arm, so I am always "physically" surrounded by God. I don't think I'll get any others, unless I get "antsy" and there is nothing I have even been thinking about. Maybe a chameleon eating a mantis. Bring both hobbies together.:D
DSCN4483.jpg

DSCN4488.jpg

DSCN4490.jpg

Those are cool:)

Do NOT think about getting a huge tattoo of Paul on your back!! :D:D:D:D:D
I still think you shouldn't get any at all..........jmho.......get over it, but it'll hurt :cool:

Ha ha! Silly David.. I would be very paranoid having an alien on my back haha I think it would target me for abduction.....or worse!!!!:eek::eek:

I may not. I'm back and forth on the whole idea. I mean I know I'll still be for heart disease and music when I'm 80, but idk. Like I know it would only be a one time thing that I'm stuck with for the rest of my life, and that's what's keeping this whole idea and idea. Everyone at home likes it, so I wouldn't have to worry about that, and I never see Jared's mom so she wouldn't have to know lol. Idk, like I said I'm still thinking. Most likely i'll chicken out, but if not it will be pretty.

I have 4 and don't regret any of them.

Chinese symbol for Tiger on my right shoulder
Tribal design of my own at the base of my back
Small heart with a couple of leaves coming out the sides with hubby's name in the heart on my left ankle.
White Tiger cub's head on my right ankle.

I am a bit partial to those tigers!! LOL

Would love some sort of colourful foliage and chameleon design going all the way up my leg and side and around and up my back to my neck, but hubby said no, he likes my body the way it is. Oh well :rolleyes:

Lol! I have a friend who is obsessed with tigers and cheetahs...you can imagine what her tattoos are like... :rolleyes: Jared likes the idea of a tattoo, but he also want me to get my belly button pierced :rolleyes: I told him I'd get it pierced when he got a six pack....guess I'm not getting it anytime soon LOL

I really don't want a big one. Just one small one for my mama. Actually it would kinda represent a lot more than that, because my entire family is about music in some form. All of us have been in band and love music, my sister and a few cousins dance, daddy builds guitars and most of us play an instrument or two.

I've got 2. One is my family crest, the other is in memory of my dad who recently passed from melanoma. I don't regret either one and if its something has a meaning to you I would encourage you to get it. How could you regret something that means that much to you?

This picture was taken right after I got it so its a little rough but the ribbon has his initials in it and he was a huge snoopy fan. He actually had a snoopy tattoo. His only one :)

I love it! And I'm sorry about your dad:( I'm scared everyday that it will be my moms last...but she always tells me that I worry too much and that "Heaven doesn't want her and hell's afraid she'll take over" I know I will be for heart disease awareness when I'm 80, how could I not be with all my mama has gone through?? And I know I will love music till the day I die. So I guess I just need to get the design exactly right lol.

Drum roll please :D

Attachments

• IMG_20130211_155412_775.jpg
    IMG_20130211_155412_775.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20130211_155437_798.jpg
    IMG_20130211_155437_798.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom