Going away for a couple of weeks

fuzzhc

I'll be working away for a couple of weeks so my mum and girlfriend will be looking after the 3 chams. I'm in need of suggestions of what they can feed them whilst I'm gone. Locusts are banned in this house cause their are always crickets in with them that escape, dubia are out of the question because noone else will touch them amd crickets are a no go. Would I be able to use morios or snails as a staple until I get back? Or any other suggestions? I know it's not good to have the one staple, I have calci worms, meal worms roaches etc but noone will touch them lol.

Hello, tough call, it seems you are ruling out crickets, roaches and locusts if i read your post correctly. perhaps, superworms as a staple with one hornworm each day? thats if they will feed them worms. other then that im out of ideas, i have no exp with snails, so i cant really comment there. good luck either way

Locusts are banned in this house cause their are always crickets in with them that escape,

I don't understand what you are saying here.... I live in the UK and I buy locust in tubs on their own and they are stored on their own. I do keep crickets for one of my chameleons, but all my feeders are bought separately and stored separately.

What I do for my bug squeamish pet sitters is ration out the bugs into separate containers with food to sustain them.

Each feeding day, all my sitter has to do is take the lid off and put/dump the container into the cage.

no touching of bugs required.

would they mind feeding crickets if you gave then a container to put them in and then just put that into the cage and let your cham eat out of it? This is what i do and it works fine when i have my sister take care of him for a week or so.

I order locusts online cause when I buy them from the shops here you only get 5 or 6 in a tub! But ordering online they always have crickets in them.

Crickets are totally banned in my house now lol there's always far too many escapees!

I was thinking of supers as they cant escape and I can just say they are worms lol but would this be ok for 2 weeks as a staple? Camimon think I'll steal that idea thanks!

I order locusts online cause when I buy them from the shops here you only get 5 or 6 in a tub! But ordering online they always have crickets in them.

Crickets are totally banned in my house now lol there's always far too many escapees!

I was thinking of supers as they cant escape and I can just say they are worms lol but would this be ok for 2 weeks as a staple? Camimon think I'll steal that idea thanks!

Yes I do like Camimon's idea. That would be the way to go.

It really does make life easier.

your squameish people don't have to touch them, but your cham gets the bugs they need, and you know how much they are being fed. easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom