Gravid female need help!!!

gino_simmons

My chameleon got her receptive colors about a month or so ago maybe a little more, and today was the first time i ever saw her gravid colors and it was only a brief moment. I came in my room and saw her hissing and sitting as if she was trying to lay her eggs mid-air (in the picture). I have a laying bin for her with mostly potting soil and a little bit of play sand, and I have some branches leading into the laying bin, but I have not seen her dig at all or go inside of the bin.
Since I am not a chameleon expert, I dont really know what this means or what to do. Also, when she was hissing, her stomach looked huge, and then about a minute later she stopped hissing and then just went back to normal. I mean normal as in what she has been like the past few weeks, which is not moving a whole lot, having somewhat darker colors than she had a month or so ago.
Any help would be appreciated! I dont really know a whole lot about chameleons so anything will help:)

IMG_9065.JPG
IMG_9066.JPG

My girl is doing the same thing, she showed her receptive colors.....bright green with blues and yellow....then she went normal....3 months later (now) she showed her receptive colors again but she looks like your second picture. Ive never seen her go dark with blues and yellows, JUst green with alot of black spots. I have a laying bin as well but shes never gone in it

My girl is doing the same thing, she showed her receptive colors.....bright green with blues and yellow....then she went normal....3 months later (now) she showed her receptive colors again but she looks like your second picture. Ive never seen her go dark with blues and yellows, JUst green with alot of black spots. I have a laying bin as well but shes never gone in it
yeah today was the first time i've ever seen her gravid colors and it scared the crap out of me

I know some members on here leave a laying bin AND also have a huge trashcan container that they put one plant and a light and they just leave them in there all day, maybe it will help force them to deliver.

I know some members on here leave a laying bin AND also have a huge trashcan container that they put one plant and a light and they just leave them in there all day, maybe it will help force them to deliver.
i will try that, but do i do it at this stage or do you think i need to wait at all?

i forgot to mention the trash can bin is filled with either sand, soil, or a sand/soil mix. People have different results. In theory those colors are to display that she is not willing to mate anymore and has eggs. You can try putting her in there to see what she does. I know the can has to be covered and she has to have her privacy or she wont lay.

i forgot to mention the trash can bin is filled with either sand, soil, or a sand/soil mix. People have different results. In theory those colors are to display that she is not willing to mate anymore and has eggs. You can try putting her in there to see what she does. I know the can has to be covered and she has to have her privacy or she wont lay.
how much space should she have in the trash can? like how high do you think i need to fill it up?

Back
Top Bottom