Green banana roaches

ZuggieTheCham

So we got some banana roaches today and put them into a new tub wit soil in the bottom but i do not have a clue about them at all so was just wanted to no if any1 could give me some tips or a care sheet would reali help and also a care sheet on breeding would be good :) thanks

I would love to get some. I know a few members have experience with them so hopefully they will post up. I do know they climb and fly so you have to be pretty careful with them....also nymphs are really small. Just can't beat the color :D:D

Got them off ebay, they took about 2-3 days to come just type in green banana roaches in, well i just ordered 30 to try them as i heard the chams go crazy for them, dont know how nutritious they are tho, n when i got them on the box is said 16 males 17 females is that what u call a colony? Lol

I know well i was trasnfering them into another box and they all tried to escape :-O there so fast and hard to catch! But zuggie went crazy for them!! Must be the colour! :)

Hi :) I have a colony. They can and will escape through most Tupperware so I use a 5 gallon paint bucket. I cut a hole large circular hole at the top and hot glued aluminum screen, it works great. I fill the bucket with the coco husk brick from the pet store and mist them once a day, they need lots of humidity. I throw in bananas and veggies and other fruit every few days. I also threw a few meal worms in there so they turn to beetles and keep things clean by eating any left over veggies and stuff. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Do you have a link to where you got them? I tried looking on ebay but they dont show up

I just searched banana roaches in google n they just came up with ebay, try that cause ive just typed it into ebay and it didnt come up, this is a pic of the page just a screen shot off my iphone
519fef81-1f20-20b1.jpg

Hi :) I have a colony. They can and will escape through most Tupperware so I use a 5 gallon paint bucket. I cut a hole large circular hole at the top and hot glued aluminum screen, it works great. I fill the bucket with the coco husk brick from the pet store and mist them once a day, they need lots of humidity. I throw in bananas and veggies and other fruit every few days. I also threw a few meal worms in there so they turn to beetles and keep things clean by eating any left over veggies and stuff. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks suzi :)
Ill pm u as i have alot of questions :)

Thanks! The fact that they don't get as big as Dubia is a huge plus, lol! I really don't like adult Dubia, they freak me out! I have a breeding colony, but I won't touch them.

Well it said adult ones when i baught them and there around the same size as large crickets, and suzi do u know around about how many can i feed my cham? Are they as a treat or can i give him a few a day or every other day ?

So we have re-house the roaches tonight and goin to try and breed them as it does not seem to hard but does anyone known were i can get some good care sheets from ?? Also we have order 40 more on the way just order them from ebay lol can not wait also have put a heat mat under the tub to make it more warm for them check it out heres a few pictures :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769502.239587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769502.239587.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769518.381432.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769518.381432.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 150
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769552.633752.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769552.633752.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 111
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769565.093965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336769565.093965.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 113
They just go every were let one loose in there and he goes sik for it. cnt seem to go fast a nuff to get them
lol so mint to watch them hunt for it :)

Ebay seems to have run out. I'll have to track some of these down. I have been trying to acquire some insects for feeder colonies.

Any recommendations. When I order crickets again this coming week, I will definitely be getting some Blaptica dubias. Maybe some others as well.

Kind of want to try my hand at starting a silk worm colony. I think it would be fun for my daughter.

We have just started doing silk worms. Just to give it a ago and thought we would do the roaches at the same time as u just leave them to it reali and keep them warm and you can go to you tube type in silkworm care part 1 its a little 10year old lad tellin you the ins and out pretty clever little kid lol

And ive just ordered another 40 off ebay and he said there were more than 10 tubs available so they are on there but i cant find them when i search i have to go onto my history to get to them :/ but i should have more than enough to breed them with this other lot on the way :D

Back
Top Bottom