greens?

crablady

just wondering what greens i can give him? he's about 11-12 weeks old and has been chomping at the plastic plants. i have live ones, but they're not big enough yet to reach the top so i have plastic ones for him to climb around on. Can i give him lettuce?

thanks. so cut up them up bite size, even the greens? maybe this is why he was chomping on the plastic plant, its has small "bite sized" leaves!! i'll stick some fresh stuff in this morning and see what he does.

Fred doesn't like vegetables or fruit too much. I actually have to let it touch his mouth for like five minutes before he finally, and reluctantly, takes it from me. I want him to have his nutrients! :mad: I think the only reason he takes it from me is because he knows he won't be leaving the dinner table until he eats his vegetables. :p

I use collard, mustard greens and kale. He seems to hate them all equally. lol

Ficus???

is it okay my female and male Veilds that are about 9 mts old are eating the FICUS plant in their cages like ALOT!!!

i see them eating the plant all day. i mean i feed them alot of crickets ( 5-10 large gutt loaded) ... is there anything bad about them eatin ALOT of ficus??

Ficus seems to be fine for chams. Have you tried offering other greens like kale, or collard?

No, i have not tried other greens, but i definatly will now. thank you for the idaea.... would those types of greens be a better source of vitamis or anything that will benifit the chams??

how should i present it to the cham?? hang it from the screen?? or cut it up and put it in a bowl?? or any certain way?? pictures??

thanks 4 the quick responce

They have very good nutrients for your cham. You might be able to place it on the branches, or clip them to the side of your cage.

is it okay my female and male Veilds that are about 9 mts old are eating the FICUS plant in their cages like ALOT!!!

i see them eating the plant all day. i mean i feed them alot of crickets ( 5-10 large gutt loaded) ... is there anything bad about them eatin ALOT of ficus??
I look at it as lack of water. Trying to derive moisture from the leaves, or the shine from leaves is sometimes associated with the reflection of water.

Thanks!!

wow. thanks for the quick resonce and the helpfull info!

collard and mustard greens??? anything else recommended??

Back
Top Bottom