Grooming

Why would you feel it necessary to trim the nails? Never heard of anyone doing this, I would concider it to be a no. They need those for climbing obviously, and trimming too short could open up a wound to infection. Theres no need to, once they get used to handling, they loosen their grip and the nails wont be a problem. And if they are scratching holes in their screen, well, you probably need a better screen :p

Ty man I'm kinda new and he's like 10 months now and his nails r pretty long just didn't want him to b uncomfy

He probably just needs something to wear them down a bit. Does he have any real wood vines or branches? Does he have a variety of vine and branch sizes? Both those things will help to naturally keep his nails to a healthy length.

Yeh I have his cage pretty pimped but I do need some real wood and probably more real plants

The overall size can help too. The more active climbing around he can do the more he'll keep his own claws trimmed. If his claws scratch you, just wear a shirt.

I was told it was a no no becuase the dont grow back. if im wrong please let me know oh my chameleon forums great ones. I never asked becuase I assumed that was the answer

Back
Top Bottom