Has my beloved Karma got MBD?

Progress this morning I think. He has taken 7 crickets, was less wobbly with each one he ate. He looks a lot more assertive with his tongue. Humidity showed 80 before I sprayed, gave him a good soaking and he went straight up to drink the drops off the ceiling. Off to the shops later to get the rest of the stuff. Am feeling cautiously optomistic. Fingers crossed.

New 5.0 UVB purchased and installed. He's still at the top of his viv instead of hiding away. Bit lighter in colour. How long will it take for him to rehydrate and hopefully fully recover? Misting 3 x a day and watching the hydrometer like a hawk!

Has only taken 3 crickets today and seems to have trouble chewing and swallowing. :( Would dehydration cause this? Am still spraying 3 x day and humidity doesn't drop below 80. UVB has been replaced. He is still a bit dull but colour looks much better than it was. He has pooped today, orange at end then white then brown, there is mucus around the brown bit. Please help me, I don't know what else to do. Will he improve with time?

It took a while for him to show the effects of dehydration and it will take a while for them to dissipate. He's eating and drinking...keep up what you are doing.

Will do, he has eaten better today, about 6 crickets and less wobbling, thanks so much for everyone's advice. I WILL make him better!!

Will do, he has eaten better today, about 6 crickets and less wobbling, thanks so much for everyone's advice. I WILL make him better!!

positive thinking is good! Just keep plugging away with him. 6 crickets is great for his age!
I would also suggest getting some pheonix worms / calci worms (Same thing) and feed a few daily. These are high in calcium and can help get his intake up.
You can get them from mulberryfarms.com or petco sells them oftentimes.

Back
Top Bottom