Healthy?

monram

image.jpg
Just got my veiled about a week ago from Petsmart. They said she was a "he", but is actually a she and apparently about a year old, but other opinions say she looks 6-7 months old. Either way she's pretty tiny and eats about 6-10 crickets a day and today I gave her a superworm. I also sprinkle calcium on the crickets, she drinks a good amount of water and bowels look healthy. At a glance, should i be feeding her more or does she look good for 6-7 months old? (If that's really how old she is) Or does anything look of concern?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Only thing i see off a quick glance, and im not a professional, but her eye turrets look a little sunken, maybe give her a few hornworms, or have more misting's. Is her urate white? I got my female from a petstore and she was dehydrated. I got her back up with increased mistings and hornworms. Other than that she looks good.

Only thing i see off a quick glance, and im not a professional, but her eye turrets look a little sunken, maybe give her a few hornworms, or have more misting's. Is her urate white? I got my female from a petstore and she was dehydrated. I got her back up with increased mistings and hornworms. Other than that she looks good.
image.jpg
this is from today

Yeah that looks good, sometimes depending on there skull structure they can have a false look. Thats all i saw. Id say keeping feeding her 10 a day with them dusted with calcium WITHOUT D3. I know alot of people use the sunday method including me, so every other sunday give her calcium WITH d3, the Sundays you dont give her the calcium with d3 give her vitamins. She looks to be around 4-5 months, Make sure you give her a laying bin when shes older since she is a female. Also when she becomes older around 7 months i started to feed my girl 10 every other day to reduce the size of her clutchs and you can also lower her heat a little

Yeah that looks good, sometimes depending on there skull structure they can have a false look. Thats all i saw. Id say keeping feeding her 10 a day with them dusted with calcium WITHOUT D3. I know alot of people use the sunday method including me, so every other sunday give her calcium WITH d3, the Sundays you dont give her the calcium with d3 give her vitamins. She looks to be around 4-5 months, Make sure you give her a laying bin when shes older since she is a female. Also when she becomes older around 7 months i started to feed my girl 10 every other day to reduce the size of her clutchs and you can also lower her heat a little
Okay perfect! when your girl was ready to lay eggs did she do the typical pacing back and forth on the bottom of the cage? Are there any specific signs your veiled had when you for sure knew she needed to lay eggs?

I always thought she was pregnant because of how big she was, I was always paranoid being as this was not only my first chameleon. But also my first female. So that made me stress out even worse. However she finally displayed her receptive colors, which was a bright green with blue dots and yellow splots. Its actually very very pretty. But shes roaming ALLLL over the cage. So I know the time is near. All I can do is provide her a laying bin, her privacy. And just hope it turns out ok. As you can see in the pic that's why my girl looks like right now

Attachments

• IMG_20160820_091249.jpg
    IMG_20160820_091249.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 73
Oh wow I love her colors!!! she's beautiful! :)
I always thought she was pregnant because of how big she was, I was always paranoid being as this was not only my first chameleon. But also my first female. So that made me stress out even worse. However she finally displayed her receptive colors, which was a bright green with blue dots and yellow splots. Its actually very very pretty. But shes roaming ALLLL over the cage. So I know the time is near. All I can do is provide her a laying bin, her privacy. And just hope it turns out ok. As you can see in the pic that's why my girl looks like right now

Looks like you and I are both a nervous wreck for the same reasons...here is my girl Fiona.

Attachments

• IMG_20160825_093055.jpg
    IMG_20160825_093055.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom