Hello Everyone!

lordnyax

I got a 3 month old panther chameleon a couple weeks ago from Kent67 here on the forums. He requested that if we bought one of his we would update as we go. So, I wanted to start this thread so I could do just that. He is my first cham and is doing great as far as I can tell. I did have one question though, He has some spots around his eye. It's been there since I got him (about 2 1/2 weeks). It looks like he was shedding, but it still hasn't come off. any opinions?
10clr12.jpg

Are you talking about the black spots. You say they have been there since you got him. My guess would be it is related to the shipping. The shipping companies sometimes treat the precious chams as just another box. Can't blame them as it appears to be just another box(unless it is labeled).
It may be a small bruise which will go away in time. Possibly before the next shed.

Heyyyy! I recognize that guy! He looks great! Sorry I kinda harped on that updates, updates, updates thing. :eek: (But I really appreciate it!) Is he always showing that red on his belly now? As for the little black mark by his eye, I would guess it's one of two things. Like Lance said, a little bouncing around during shipping might've been what caused it. Or, alternatively it might have been from fighting with one of his brothers. Either way, I would expect it to disappear with his next shed.

Keep up the good work! I'll keep an eye out for this thread. :D

Sorry I kinda harped on that updates, updates, updates thing. :eek: (But I really appreciate it!)

Not a problem, I'm very happy to do it. He is actually shedding right now so we'll see how he looks when he's done. Thanks again Kent!

Well, it looks like if I had waited 1 more day I would've had my answer myself. He shed today and the spots around his eye went along with it. Thanks for the responses everyone!

Here is the little guy (haven't decided a name yet, open to suggestions ;)) tucking himself into bed under a leaf after a long day of shedding.
33x9c0l.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice PICTURE! :) And Nice Cham KENT! good job!!! :)

Ok I have to edit this: I gotta love those blues in the cheeks!

Yea, I really liked the blue on the cheeks as well. It's so fun to see what new colors are coming in each day.

Time for another update! I'm gonna try and post pics of his development every week or 2.

Taking a stroll in the sun.
v689iw.jpg

Reds sneaking in from below.
28chhzr.jpg

Whoa! And yellows?? He's the first to be showing any yellow, that's so cool! Thanks for the update, he looks great. :D

Yellows

Yea, right when I was putting him back in after being outside for a bit, I noticed quite a bit of yellow as well. Here's a pic. (BTW I know it looks kinda strange, but that is my elbow)
28vsthc.jpg

I took him outside again today to get some sun. I took some pics but none of them turned out too great. Here's one from today.
15qezko.jpg

Wowwww, that guy looks great, Brent! None of the ones I have left have any yellow. I'm stunned!

Good looking chameleon!

I love the continuing updates, he's really made some fantastic progress! I look forward to the next.:)

-Jay

Great looking cham! Although, it has to be said, I'm loving the background! I want to move to wherever you are as it looks amazing there! :p

Back
Top Bottom