hello new panther chameleon :)

robchameleon

halluuu everyone.. am i a boy?:confused:

Attachments

• DSC_0834.jpg
    DSC_0834.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 155
I can't be sure but I would bet about 50 dollars that you have a female. There isn't any signs to show it's a male from that picture. Very cute little girl though :) or boy(doubt it)?

I think you have a boy there. The tailbase seems like it is straight across from the vent and not indented like the females. I am not sure what the other member means by posting lighter pictures. That is not going to change the shape of the tail area and that is the only way to tell at this young of an age.

oops sori Maam Carol.. i do hope it's a boy.. thanks for the information:)

No reason to be sorry! Tail base is the only way to sex them when they are so little. Where did you get this little one from? Reputable breeders do not usually sell them so small.

Maam Carol, yah, he's about 5 weeks old.. i understand he's too young but we only have 1 breeder of panther chameleon here in our country... so i cant miss the opportunity of buying it.. no worries i give him good care :)

Great so I am out 50 dollars to myself :( All of the male chameleons that I've seen, even the babies, have had the little tiny tarsal spurs. Perhaps I'm seeing older juvenile chameleons and not ones that are so young. Well I learn something every day. Now I'm going to read about this other method for sexing.

Sir alan, i believe sexing thru tarsal spurs are applicable for veiled and other chameleons only, what i have is a little panther:) so like what Maam carol did, she based the sex thru the base of the tail.. you can send your 50$ thru paypal :D kidding!

Back
Top Bottom